“Great day out”

And The Winner Is...Oscars
Ranked #36 of 74 Restaurants in Pokolbin
Cuisines: Cafe, Australian
Good for: Kids, Scenic view, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Great day out”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I do reccomend this cafe to anyone!
We had breakfast here on the weekend, what a great range. They also had kids portions of the breakfast menu as well, instead of just boring old toast and vegemite as the only option from our experience of other cafes. I had the big breakfast with poached eggs(fantastic) .My wife had the grilled mushrooms on sourdough and the freshest fruit salad i have ever seen!
Well done Oscars, you made our morning!

“Disappointing, wouldn't recommend eating here for breakfast.”
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Food was tasteless and overpriced, coffee was horrible, they should switch to a Nespresso machine. The portions were large but could only eat half as it was tasteless, also the toast was burnt for both my wife and I, however staff was friendly. They accept cash only but they have a non-bank ATM which will cost you $2.50 to withdraw money from.

Hunter Valley, Australia
“Great for group bookings”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We only had an hour at this area, so wanted a very fast lunch. It was preordered, even our drinks were pre ordered. As the 17 of us sat down, out came our drinks and meals and everyone was into their meal in less than 2 minutes. This was fantastic for our group, as it gave us time to head into the chocolate shops and cheese shops and to potter around.

So, service was excellent. Food was nice, large serves. I had the quiche which was yummy but needed more in it, as it felt almost all pastry. The sandwiches looked great, and the roast chicken was a winner from my friends that ordered that.

Our group preodered a selection of meals, ranging for $14-$22.50 with a soft drink

Atmosphere great.... someone singing in background.

Overall, we had a great time and yes I would return.

• Visited November 2012
Hunter Valley, NSW
“We only went for ice cream so I am only reviewing the ice cream!”
Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

We had lunch elsewhere & decided to try Oscars for ice cream. The kids were excited. I was a bit underwhelmed by the selection to be honest. The server was really lovely. The flavours they did have were nice but unfortunately they just didn't have the flavours I was looking forward to!

If you're after a really great selection of amazing flavours then go to Tempus Two but Oscars is OK if you're just after a quick ice cream on your way from lunch or on the way to the playground!

Sydney, Australia
“Great Service”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

We recently had lunch here and the meals were not only huge, they were fantastic. Good coffee too which came out pretty much just after we had decided where we were going to sit, there are lots of tables we decided to sit outside. The staff are very friendly and helpful in giving us recommendations on great wineries. Befor we left we grabbed a sneaky icecream and walked around the fabulous shops near by. We had such a great day and it all began at And the winner is Oscars

• Visited July 2012