We stayed 4 nights and only wish it had been longer.
What a welcome surprise with the chocolates and wine provided - free of charge. Beautiful touch.
We were using a CUDO voucher so it was also a very cost effective stay.
This (Trip Advisor) is a great site but like us you may feel a little put off by some of the comments below. But don't be, go and see for yourself.
I thought I should bring some of the comments below out into the sunshine.
* the sheep do not butt (but like a tickle under the chin),
* flies don't get in the rooms (if you close the ample fly screens),
* there is no need for a receptionist (all the details we required were well displayed and a
'phone # advised if required,
* noise of frogs (lovely atmosphere and shows the environment is pristine),
* spiders? (didn't spot one even after we looked!),
* pillows uncomfortable (pity we weren't there at the same time as you could have had a
couple of our 6 spares!)
* Cold! (that is what the spare blankets were for.)
* Shabby establishment? This is a working farm set in an ideal countryside.
There was ample parking close to the villa with generous well maintained grass, outdoor furniture to lounge around in and gardens surrounding the pool. BBQ facilities, daily papers, walks, free coffee machine, soft drinks and nibbles via an 'honour box', WiFi in bedrooms, selection of heaps of DVDs and a small library. What more could you want ~ othere than more time there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enchanting Villa Provence offers a little bit of Gallic magic in the heart of the Hunter Valley. Overlooking 20 acres of vineyards and rolling hills, the classic Provencial-style villa could just as easily be located in the South of France. After 7 month renovation, Villa Provence now consists of ten exquisite French style luxury suites set in lovingly tended lawns and 4 different themed gardens and each with stunning views. Your every comfort has been considered and we hope that each suite embodies your idea of enjoyment. Each room is equipped with a queen size bedroom with seating area, spacious lounge area with French doors opening onto the terrace, TV, kitchenette and air conditioning. All standard room rates include 2 your own choice breakfast at nearby Peterson House & Cuvee Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Villa Provence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Provence Greater Newcastle/Pokolbin