“gold mine of the hunter”
Review of Windsors Edge

Windsors Edge
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pokolbin
Windsors Edge
Reviewed September 12, 2010

having now stayed at windsors edge now 3 times in the past year, one of which was my honeymoon, i have to say i love this place. my husband and i have now taken back family on one occasion and this last time, friends. the homestead i have to say is my absolute favourite.. and having amandas on the edge restaurant 400 metres from the cottages and homestead this makes for a lovley night out. not having to plan a designated driver or taxi is a bonus, especially as the hunter is all about drinking wine.
windsors edge also has a cellar door, they make their own wine, which is great. my fav is Jessies sparkling and the Cab sav.
i would and do recommend this place to everyone i know heading up there. it is my favourite place in the hunter.
the owners are lovley people and give a great family feel to the place and they are very welcoming.
definatley look into this one

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 4, 2010

Having eaten at "Amanda's on the Edge" (the onsite restaurant) and experiencing fantastic service there a while back we thought the accomodation and service would be comparable and booked. The accomodation is lovely, very clean, private and quiet. The furnishing were high quality and the kitchen was fully stocked. Unfortunately we were a very disappointed with many aspects of our experience however:

1. The mattresses in both rooms are so hard we slept a total of 6 hours both evenings. It got so bad I reverted to the couch at 4am so I could salvage what little time I had left to sleep.

2. On our first night our spa did not work at all. The next day it was fixed promptly however we had paid for a spa villa and received no remuneration for this.

3. On our second night we experienced the worst part of this trip. Firstly the fire wood provided was not sufficient for two nights and when we asked about this we were told to take our basket up the hill to the house, knock on the door and load some ourselves from the ute in the driveway....are we paying guests or visiting friends???

4. On our second night the toilet backed up and our cottage stunk of raw sewrage. The owners had left the property for the weekend and had provided no out of hours contact details for emergencies. For this reason we slept with towels under the bedroom door to hide the stench and eventually resorted to going to the bathroom outside when we could no longer hold it.

5. The onsite restaurant is now highway robbery. $21 for a salad of cut tomatoes, basil and 4 balls of bococinii cheese with no dressing, salt or pepper.

When we told the receptionist about this we received no "Sorry" just a "I will let the owners know"

I did contact the owners explaining our experience and they were very apologetic and had no been informed by the receptionist, however the remuneration they offered was a few bottles of the wine they make onsite. After such a disgraceful experience and lacking the spa we paid for and the simple amenity of using a toilet in our $200 a night room I do not feel this even counts as a true apology.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple