“great night”

Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

we booked out the entire restaraunt foe a group of 12. was lovely to start with drinks upstairs. beautiful place! food was excellent however the last 3 courses let it down a bit (cheese and crackers, grape frozen palate cleanser, and the dessert - nothing spectacular).

for the price thought wines were a little dissapointing. Service was good but very non interactive.

ill go again to try out a different menu for sure but for now Muse still has my heart (& tummy!)

SeanByrne1, General Manager at Nine, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Dear blackdelta,

Thank you for your review, I have to agree with you that Tower Estate certainly is a beautiful place; it has a unique charm that you won't find anywhere else in the Hunter Valley!

Thank you for your feedback on the last three courses, with a seven course degustation menu we try to keep each meal balanced to give you the stamina for all seven courses and to not unbalance your palate. We are always happy to accommodate all requests if you should so desire.

I will also pass on the feedback in response to the waiters persona, with such a large group taking the entire nine restaurant we would want to enhance the intimacy that this room offers and not intrude on your experience, but simply rather serve when it is needed in the background. But on this occasion it seems this is not what you would have preferred, my apologies.

We would love to see you back again soon if not at nine, then maybe Robert's Restaurant is for you, the menu will lure you in and the service and atmosphere will make you fall in love!

See you soon

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Actually, we've been there on January 2012, not March. And the food, the service and the atmosphere were incredible.

George F, Executive Chef at Nine, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear Tukis,

Thank you for taking the time to review your nine experience, I am delighted to hear that you enjoy all facets of your dining in nine Restaurant.

We hope to see you again in the future

Reviewed January 6, 2013

I've already reviewed this as part of my Tower Lodge review so I'll be brief however I must say again how amazing dinner here really was. Every course was so beautiful to look at, taste and enjoy and the service was perfect. Book it now!

George F, Executive Chef at Nine, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Dear Emily,

Thank you so much for your great review, and for reviewing us twice!
It is a delight to read that you enjoyed each element of your dining experience in nine.

Hopefully we will see you again soon!

Warm regards

Reviewed October 29, 2012

A great all round experience where the food and wine were awesome and the service amazing. For most of the meal we were the only ones in the cellar and it was great. I expected it to be pricey and had prepared for it so it wasn't a shock. Thinking about the whole experience now really makes me want to go back.

Dear Charmaine,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at nine, I am disappointed to hear of your prior dining at Robert's Restaurant, I can assure you this is not in line with what we aim to deliver to our guests, but I am glad to hear that nine was able to deliver to you the dining experience that we strive to deliver on each and every occasion.

Your choice of opting for the wine match with your degustation menu was a great choice! Our experienced sommelier will fnd the perfect wine to match your food with you, giving you a personalised dining experience like no other!

We hope to see you back some time soon at nine, and hopefully your experience at Robert's did not mar your judgement of what Robert's can offer and you will allow us the chance to redeem ourselves.

Warm regards

Reviewed September 30, 2012

After a terrible meal the night before at Tower Lodge's sister restaurant, Roberts, we were apprehensive of a similar experience at Nine. Nine did not let us down, it was sublime. Great degustation menu with excellent matched wines. The dishes were scrumptious and perfectly portioned. The sommelier gave excellent background information on the wines without being overbearing. It made for informative dining enhanced by the great atmosphere of eating in a formal cellar. The dinner was expensive, but you get what you pay for and we were happy to pay for this.