“Bluetongue Cafe”
Review of Bluetongue Cafe - CLOSED

Bluetongue Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: An authentic Italian dish always starts with the best flour, garden fresh tomatoes, and the best quality local produce. Then of course matched to a great wine. Sound simple ... We make all our own pasta and sauces from scratch , in the traditional Italian way. Our restaurant also features a glass fronted air-conditioned wine cellar where we have wines from all over the world including some rare vintage wines from local private cellars.
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Didn't eat here but we tried the Bluetongue beer paddle which was very, very good value. The staff were very well informed about their product and were very interesting to talk to and very friendly and helpful.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

We arrived to have a quick coffee and were taken in by the surroundings and the atmosphere we decided to stay for lunch and try a sample paddle of Blue tongue beers, The lunch a pizza, Hot olive dish and dips all delicious and as for the beers we could not fault one, Give it a go

1  Thank Glenn N
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Okay! The bottom line is.. ask around before going here. Be desperate enough to come here and dine.. (as we did). I didnt realise they start lunch at exactly 12nn. I walked in at 1150am and as I asked if I can order, I was looked at in my face like I was supposed to know what time they start serving.. I checked the time because I was asked sarcastically of the time... if it doesnt say 12, then they are still closed. This was at that moment not looking busy behind the counter.. Finally hung out the patio and 10 mins later came lunch hour. Ordered Creamy pasta fettucini and came out bland, dry with wayyyy too much cheese on top! Pork Belly was alright but tolerable for starvation! All in all.. not very impressed with the service, the food but the toilet is clean!

2  Thank Lyn0209
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I was having a great day on our tour until we stopped there. I have a cheese allergy and was disgusted by their attitude towards it. Prior to mentioning my allergy, the welcome we received in general was very poor. I always think, why employ people in the hospitality industry if they don't understand the meaning of the word!! Anyway, I asked for one of their salads without cheese and he told me this wasn't possible. I then asked to get a pizza without cheese (which I often order when I am out), again he said no as their oven would burn it!! I then asked for pasta and was told that it wasn't possible either. I asked him to point out anything I could actually have that didn't contain cheese and he said meatballs or shrimp. I ordered the meatballs. When they were ready I went to collect them, only to find them covered in cheese!! I sent them back and didn't receive an apology. I finally got meatballs without cheese.
The most laughable thing was that they had a sign up saying to advise them of any special dietary requirements... REALLY??
My friend who was with me ordered a margarita pizza for her lunch. When her food came it had basil pesto and tomatoes on it too.
Take my advice, dine somewhere else in the Valley!

Reviewed June 20, 2014

We had lunch here, pre -booked it. The food was served on time and was quite good. We had pizzas, pastas, salads and steaks- everything was fresh, not amazing flavours, but good for a casual relaxed Saturday lunch. Beer tasters are a really funky thing to get if you are a beer drinker. We didn't have any but the pot pies looked awesome.The premises are gorgeous.