“Not as good as before”
Review of Bluetongue Cafe - CLOSED

Bluetongue Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: An authentic Italian dish always starts with the best flour, garden fresh tomatoes, and the best quality local produce. Then of course matched to a great wine. Sound simple ... We make all our own pasta and sauces from scratch , in the traditional Italian way. Our restaurant also features a glass fronted air-conditioned wine cellar where we have wines from all over the world including some rare vintage wines from local private cellars.
“Not as good as before”
Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

I visited the brewery 2 years ago and liked it a lot so I was disappointed by my visit on 21 July 2013.

Beer tasted watered down and flat and $15 for the tasting paddle with 5 sub standard beers in nothing much more than a shot glass is too much ( I normally drink Asahi or coopers).

My $17 pepperoni pizza (cheapest pizza on the menu) was burnt and taste less. Domino's should really set up a shop next door and they would be killing it even if they were to charge slightly more than usual.

Food was expensive for the quality and portion given and I will not be visiting again.

Sydney, Australia
“Terrible food and service”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Visited this cafe/pub on 7th July as part of my Hunter Valley trip and must say this was the worst part of the trip.

Staff service at the bar was rude, ordered the flagship beer paddle but staff was annoyed when asked about the product.
Food was slow and atrocious, chicken mushroom pasta was tasteless and watery, pizza base was undercooked, crispy pork belly was not crispy but soggy and roast potatoes were undercooked.

Place like this really makes me feel like pouring my remainder 4 bottles of bluetongue beer down the drain so i don't have to be reminded how embarrassed i was to recommend this place to my friends.

“Pleasantly surprised”
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

We went here for an early dinner & I was a little cautious after reading the reviews on tripadvisor. The atmosphere was standard but the food (pizza & pork belly with pork & fennel sausages) was some of the best I have ever had. Definitely worth a visit ...Yum!

Newcastle, Australia
“Places like this give the Hunter a bad rep....”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Terrible is an understatement! I am so disappointed we wasted a meal at this place when there are so many other tastier options available in the Hunter Valley. The service is lacklustre and the food is a let down.The chicken pie, at $14, was so inedible (due to the thick layer of oil sitting on top) that we returned it. Our replacement meal was then also stuffed up. Disappointing. Do yourself a favour and eat somewhere else.

• Visited June 2013
Penrith, Australia
“Felt a bit BLUE after visit”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Looked forward to visiting to this establishment but we were disappointed. When ordering and asking about tasting paddle and food we felt like the vibe given off by staff member was ``I know all this, why don`t you``
Anyway we ordered a pizza and asked if we could have it well browned. We were told it comes out different all the time.
So we waited and when our buzzer went off and my wife went to collect the pizza, you guessed it, she had to ask for it to be cooked a few more minutes.
When we got around to eating it , the pizza was just warm and texture was nothing more than doughy stodge!!!!
Obviously a frozen pizza reheated and a guess taken as to whether its cooked.
Milkbar food , city restaurant prices and service that is impersonal.
Beer was good but not worth the bother.........................

Visited May 2013