“Very dissapointing - needs a chef who can cook!” 2 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Italian, Australian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Sydney, Australia
“Very dissapointing - needs a chef who can cook!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

Looking for good food in the Hunter? Don't bother going here. Pasta, whilst homemade, was thick and stodgy. Lamb shoulder sauce, bland, dry and unappealing, and presented terribly on the plate. Parma, easiest dish in the world to make was dry and looked as though it may have been reheated several times before being served. Chips... were ok! Our garlic mini pizza (which should have been normal sized for the price) was covered with a massive amount of tasteless cheese, couldn't taste garlic anywhere! Our waitress was lovely despite the food, so that was one plus for the night. Will not, obviously, ever return.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Sydney, Australia
“Don't get the pizza”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

Cold uncooked pizza that was so bland a child could have made a better one. Lamb shoulder gnocchi tasted good but was lukewarm even cold in parts. Waiter kindly gave me a taste of the wine, which was not too bad. San Martino Shiraz, but my partner asked for a pint and only got a schooner which we had to advise the waiter of or he would have charged us for it.

Visited June 2013
Maitland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

Food was nice, and service was great, but there needs to be some more upmarket meals besides pizza and pasta and only 3 main meals.

Visited May 2013
Wollongong, Australia
“Yummy dinner, sparse breaky”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

The restaurant had lovely atmosphere, the waiters were terrific. The food was lovely, but overpriced for what you received. But the meal sizes are large (for dinner), so I would suggest sharing a main and salad. Not really a place I would dine with children, as it would be very pricey. The breakfast left a lot to be desired.

Visited May 2013
bendigo
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

Ate here while we were staying at the hunter resort, the restaurant was full so we ate in the bar which was fine except the bartender had about as much personality as a brick and the bar area was empty and freezing cold. The food was average, although the garlic flat bread was really nice. We had to get our own food from the restaurant area and go searching for cutlery as the bartender (despite drying cutlery for the last 4 hrs instead of serving customers) didn't know where it was.
I feel like a massive whinger as I really haven't enjoyed any of the food while in the hunter valley, but I think I'd built it up too much, I was expecting amazing Italian food akin to Lygon St in Melbourne but unfortunately none of it went close. Actually I tell a lie Oishii was fantastic food and I enjoyed it immensely, it just wasn't Italian.

• Visited April 2013