“What a place”
Review of Blaxland Inn

Blaxland Inn
Ranked #6 of 74 Restaurants in Pokolbin
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 18, 2014

What a fantastic place. The service and food is top notch. I've never been let down in all my times going there. To make things even better, they now have a cellar door with fantastic wines that also sells some of the best meat around. Not to mention great gift ideas. I'm looking forward to my next trip.

1  Thank Winelover81

Reviewed March 17, 2014

What a great steak restaurant...the meal was perfectly cooked and good cuts of meat as well,,my wife had a deal pot pie and just managed to get through it lol I had to help her finish it but it was well worth it,the staff are beautiful constantly checking on your meal and surprise!!! they keep topping your wine up,this is often on found in five star restaurants....the decor is rustic but very clean and open to outside if you want....wine list is good and local wines as well, they also have an extensive range of scotch whiskey's too. Most importantly they have a free pickup service as well and it seemed to pick up most places in the wine region too. Not many Inn's or taverns know practice correct wine edicate which scores them brownie points as well.....prices are really good value for a steak house as well.....a lot quieter than the other steakhouse up the road and less expensive.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

I arrived with my wife my daughter, son in law, son his wife and my grand son(in a stroller). The young lady the greeted us at the entrance was personable and easy to speak to she arranged a table for us outside in the sun it took 40 minutes before somebody came to take our order we tried to place our drinks order and the young lady that took our lunch order said she would have someone come and take our drink orders. Our lunch arrived but still no drinks, I went and approached one of the staff and asked if we could get some drinks she said she would send someone over. We had all finished our lunch before we received our one and only drinks. We even had to ask twice for for the bill. I am glad we were honest. I WILL NEVER GO BACK THERE AGAIN!!!!

2  Thank Jim R
Reviewed March 9, 2014

After tasting wines all day, we could not legally drive to any restaurant. Blaxland Inn have a crew that will pick you up from your location and drop you off at the end of the night. Regardless of this fact, Blaxland Inn had an extensive menu. Thank you, I have already been talking about you to our friends.

2  Thank weRrabe
Reviewed March 6, 2014

We both had the Angas Beef Rump which can be firm but being Angas we expected it to at least be tasty. One of our steaks was tough and they were both lukewarm at best. The Chips were just okay. We also both had the mushroom and garlic sauce. This was predominantly garlic flavoured with little mushroom influence at all. The staff were pleasant but had no knowledge of their own label wines. The surroundings were pleasant enough. I doubt we would bother with a return visit.

2  Thank John351