“Disappointing”
Review of Blaxland Inn

Blaxland Inn
Ranked #11 of 81 Restaurants in Pokolbin
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Relaxed country atmosphere, friendly service with a tasty menu. Try our amazing steaks, hunter valley wines, local ciders & craft beers! #blaxlandinn
Reviewed March 6, 2014

We both had the Angas Beef Rump which can be firm but being Angas we expected it to at least be tasty. One of our steaks was tough and they were both lukewarm at best. The Chips were just okay. We also both had the mushroom and garlic sauce. This was predominantly garlic flavoured with little mushroom influence at all. The staff were pleasant but had no knowledge of their own label wines. The surroundings were pleasant enough. I doubt we would bother with a return visit.

2  Thank John351
Write a ReviewReviews (1,000)

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Great beef pie. My husbands steak was also excellent. It's a bit pricy- $100 for two mains and a bottle of house wine with the usual tip!

Reviewed February 26, 2014

We had a courtesy shuttle thumbs up to Uncle Dougie, The meals here are awesome great steak, lamb & fish, service wonderful on what was a very busy night, Excellent icy cold beers and very good wine list. Dessert looked divine but we were too full yo try. We will dfinatly be back when next visiting the wonderful hunter. It was that good we had lunch the next day.

1  Thank pomlea
Reviewed February 25, 2014

We have eaten here on several occasions over the past few years and it has always been consistently good service and food. We had a group of 10 people we had to wait a little for our drinks but they were really busy due to a concert at hope estate. The head waiter a remembered us as regulars and gave as a complimentary bottle of wine as a thanks for returning which was a lovely gesture . My warm lamb salad was delicious and so tasty and my dessert chocolate fondant was divine . Everyone enjoyed their meals and a long no pressure lunch . We will be back yet again .

1  Thank Aussietripper11
Reviewed February 16, 2014

My first visit with my fiance was for our anniversary- the courtesy shuttle is one of its kind in the Hunter and I can't work out why more places don't have them! We had calamari, prawns and steaks and everything was delicious- the atmosphere was relaxed, busy but the friendly staff coped spectacularly. So good we have returned with a group of friends and tried something different on the menu and equally impressed! I have definitely recommended this place a few times already!

1  Thank HelenBarbour33