“Still outstanding”
Review of Blaxland Inn

Blaxland Inn
Ranked #11 of 81 Restaurants in Pokolbin
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Relaxed country atmosphere, friendly service with a tasty menu. Try our amazing steaks, hunter valley wines, local ciders & craft beers! #blaxlandinn
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Upmarket, professional restaurant experience. Everything was great from ambience, service, food and wine. Definitely worth a visit.

1  Thank Walacia205

Reviewed January 11, 2014

My wife and I tried to find this restaurant on Saturday night and failed. We got lost in the dark. We stumbled on it again on our way home the following day. When we recounted that we hadn't been able to find them the previous evening, the wonderful waitress immediately whipped out the dinner menu (at lunchtime) specially for us. How's that for special service - our own exclusive menu! The filet mignon was absolutely perfect and my wife's warm lamb salad was to die for. Wonderful service and great food. If you read this review, please do try Blaxlands.

2  Thank Gourmatica
Reviewed January 10, 2014

The service was pleasant and the menu quite varied. The inn is noted for it's deep dish pies which we chose for this reason. They were very ordinary.

1  Thank scholarsfan
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

I went here for lunch as part of a wine tour and it was fantastic! Everyone ordered different things and every single dish looked delicious. They're well known for their deep pies so I ended up ordering that. It was well worth it! The meat simply melted in the mouth. Also, the garlic prawns were also excellent. The garlic damper came out piping hot and was absolutely delicious. The atmosphere was very lively but we were all still able to talk to each other. I would come back for sure.

1  Thank Bkmnstr
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We ate here on a Saturday evening, Not too busy as we got in before 7. Everything was fine, service all good, drinks came as they should, (except I had to ask for the wine twice- no biggie). Anyway we ordered, lamb, steaks and adult spag boil and kids spag bol in our party and everyone enjoyed their meals apart for the spag bol eaters. I thought this was strange as its usually only one person on a table that has a bad meal but three was too much of a co-incidence. Alas they were right the Spag bol was very watery, and at the bottom of the bowl (regarding the kids meals) there was intact water….bolognese was hopeless. I relayed this message to the waitress when she asked if everything was ok with our meals, she didn't reply but just disappeared. Anyway when she returned she said to my 8 year old son, "I Bet you still have room left for a desert!" and I said "Of course he does his meal was not very nice as I previously mentioned" The said waitress got the strop and said she had told the manager/chef etc… but I was let wondering why she hadn't acknowledged our first discussion. Anyway we ordered the bill and were told that they would deduct the adult spag bol off the bill, we handed over $250 cash for our $240 bill and received more change back as the cashier decided we should receive the extra credit for the two kids meals, so kudos there.

1  Thank jameslancaster