“A perfect destination”

The Grange on Hermitage
“A perfect destination”
Reviewed February 16, 2012

Just returned from 2 nights for our 43rd Wedding Anniversary; Ken & Chris our hosts were helpful and considerate and made it special for us. The queen guest room was very large, beautifully furnished and so comfortable, even breakfast was a real treat. Definitely recommend a visit to this property and dont forget to say hi to the "dogs"

Room Tip: at thye recommendation of Ken we booked the queen guest room with en-suite at the front of the main...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank carolb7146

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Ipswich, Australia
Reviewed January 19, 2012

I stayed for two nights at the Grange on Hermitage, while I had to conduct a workshop in the area. I was by myself and stayed in Guest Room 3. I was very much impressed with the total entourage. The property is nice and with an open feel.

Chris was straight away warm and welcoming. The room was beyond what I had expected. I was so glad that I selected this place. The guest room is big and with a luxurious feel. I very much enjoyed the daily bowl of fruit and the additional home-grown tomatoes.

As a woman I loved the look of the big walk-in wardrobe. And the bathroom was also very roomy and nice. Enough storage space in the bathroom to make a woman happy.

I even found roses on my bed-side table!

It was such a safe and peaceful stay! I can fully recommend it. Before I left, Chris also showed me the two-bedroom cottage and I would certainly book that if I came back with hubby. Again, the cottage was nicer and better than others that we have seen and used. Very, very nice!

Room Tip: I did not see the other rooms but room nr 3 is very good.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 12, 2012

Chris and Ken are the consumate hosts and our time here was fantastic! We wanted tor relax over Christmas and getaway as we were not going home to family in NZ - they even allowed us to use their kitchen for the Chrissy roast! Above and beyond from the flowers in the bathroom and kitchen, to the mince pies and goodies on Christmas mornings along with the visits from Zena the labrador. Our self cooked champagne brekky on Christmas morning was beautiful we set the table on the verandah of our cottage and watched the wild kangaroos against a backdrop of vineyards - blissful.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 3, 2011

My partner and I along with another couple each stayed in a king room and we could not fault this place at all! We called ahead, and arriving late after work on a Friday was not an issue, Ken was very welcoming and helped us with our bags.
The personal service made it such a great experience and it was lovely seeing their 2 black Labradors, Xena and Ellie, around the property and on the veranda each morning.
The rooms were spotless and looked brand new. They offer everything you need for a weekend away, or even longer!
We loved our stay, and cannot recommend it more! We will definitely be back next time we are in the Hunter!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2011

Everything was better than our expectations. Our tip, don't just book online ring Chris as well to get personal service and advice, it's worth it. At her suggetion we ended up in better accommodation, The Barn, private with fire and saved tariff as we were a couple, not 4.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank Turbine88
Reviewed July 17, 2011

I wanted somewhere to stay when my boyfriend and I went to the Hunter Valley for our anniversary in July 2011, and I looked at a few other places but I was drawn to the Grange on Hermitage because of the amazing reviews and also the great price. We drove up from Sydney on Friday afternoon after work and we arrived at the Grange at 8pm on Friday night, where we were met by Ken & Chris and one of their black labradors, Zena. We checked in and Ken showed us to our room and helped us unpack our bags from the car. It was about 9 degrees outside, and our room was nice and warm with the air con on.

The room was amazing! It was very large, with a small kitchen in a separate area and a large bathroom. In the kitchen was supplies for breakfast - milk, juice, fresh fruit salad, yoghurt, fresh bread, cereals, coffee & tea making supplies, and there was also a jug, a toaster and a microwave. And the spa in the bathroom was great!

It was very quiet and tranquil, and both mornings we enjoyed breakfast on our verandah with Ellie, the other black labrador. When we arrived home from a day of wine tasting, our room had been cleaned and we had new towels. The location was great, because it was a 10 minute drive from most of the places we wanted to go. Ken and Chris were very welcoming and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We will definitely be back again soon!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank rbjarvis
Reviewed May 22, 2011

My partner booked this trip as a surprise for our anniversary and having not been to the hunter before I wasn't really sure what to expect. However, upon driving into the property at Hermitage Grange I was instantly impressed.
We were running late from Sydney and didn't arrive until about 10.30, we had called in advance to let them know and Ken was so understanding and polite. When we arrived we were greeted by Zena and Ellie the beautiful black labs and Ken offered us a hand to take things inside from the car.
We stayed in one of the Guestrooms attached to the main house and the room was absolutely beautiful! Spotlessly clean and warm it was the perfect spot for our weekend away. The bed was extremely comfortable and the breakfast provisions for the morning were supplied in abundance, we were left wanting for nothing.
We spent most of the day out visiting the wineries, the Grange is very central with most of the top wineries only a 10 minute drive. When we returned home the room had been cleaned, the dishes done and the bed made- not at all what we were expecting!
I would definitely recommend the Grange for anyone who is wanting a quiet weekend away, it is beautifully clean and tidy and the hosts are so friendly. I couldn't say a bad word about it!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple