“Lovely aspect, lovely food.”
Review of Shakey Tables Restaurant - CLOSED

Shakey Tables Restaurant
Cuisines: Australian, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 8, 2012

Lunch was had on the covered deck that sits over the lake, which was pleasant, but did get a little chilly in winter (even with the plastic 'walls' in place in an attempt to keep out the drafts).

The menu provided interesting and tasty options for carnivores, seafood fans and vegetarians, and the desserts were particularly enticing (although I was torn between the cheese selection and the desserts, but the sweet tooth won!).

They also offered a decent selection of wines to suit all tastes. I would definitely visit again.

1  Thank Bontaks

Reviewed March 27, 2012

We had quite a nice dinner at Shakey tables. At night you can't really appreciate the view so the atmosphere is not as special and I'm sure a lunch experience would be better. But the menu really wasn't that interesting, the food was nice but nothing particularly inventive or memorable. The wine list wasn't bad (we are in the Hunter) but was not mindblowing. All in all, quite good but not good enough for the price.

1  Thank Loui-fly
Reviewed January 26, 2012

The setting, the service & the food offer an exceptional fine dining experience. We had a beautiful dinner for 2. The quality of the service & food was equally good. The artistry of the chefs makes each dish a visual feast! With a Scottish twist on offer this was woth every cent. The decor is... unusual.

Reviewed January 22, 2012

This restaurant isn't only the best I've been to in the Hunter Valley it would kick the [--] of any Sydney restaurant and would take on the rest of the world, too! The wine list is extensive and suitable for all needs and budgets. They have their own local varieties as well as others found in bottle shops and restaurants countrywide. The food is inventive, innovative and original mixed in with traditional and staples. The haggis was amazing and draws from chef's scottish roots. The Pork 4-ways was fantastic and the traditional scottish cranchan was a sweet surprise. It's intimate without being sickly, it's brightly decorated without being crass and the service is second to none - worldwide! We were looked after with a jovial smile, good recommendations and a knowledge far beyond Charlotte's seemingly youthful experience. When in the Hunter Valley, make a date of eating here, you will love this place!

1  Thank fatmuscle
Reviewed January 8, 2012

Went with my husband for our anniversary (our 7th visit) and the standards are still excellent! I love the quiet atmosphere but with a decor you have to comment on. My haggis rolled in venison melted in my mouth and I found myself wanting more of the persian figs than was on the plate (keep the bread to mop up the sauce). We both ordered the pork 3 ways - to stop the arguing. A MUST is the rose, pistachio & lychee terrine, YUMMM. Thank you Simon for the excellent service and for tasting my wine for me! Will definitely be back soon.