“Snowtime”

Hunter Valley Wine Tour with Cheese Chocolate Distillery and Lunch
Ranked #6 of 112 things to do in Pokolbin
“Snowtime”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Great activity for school holidays - also went to the Hunter Valley Zoo on the way there and ate at the local restaurants

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Newcastle, Australia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Snow time at the gardens”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Looking for something special to do with the kids in the school holidays, we decided to go to hunter valley gardens for the snow time fun. We were not disappointed we saw the ice sculptor display, watched the Siberian huskies Racing, built. Snowmen, played snowball volleyball. We didn't get to ice skate as there was a 4 hour wait but there was plenty more to do. These gardens are simply beautiful. Such a great day. Hope it's on again next year. We were not disappointed.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Fantastic”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Amazing, really enjoyed the Snow Time activities. Ice skating was fun except the skates were terrible. The little food stalls were great. It was our second time and allowed us top venture into areas we didn't last time.

Sydney, Australia
66 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 130 helpful votes
“Snow Time in the Gardens”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Staying in a resort close by we decided to take a walk over to the Hunter Valley Gardens stopping firstly to have a look at some of the boutique shops and for a coffee, good decision. My wife and I then proceeded to take the short stroll over to the gardens. Entry was without fuss with a nice front gate attendant giving us directions to an event they were having called "Snow time" paths to "Snow time" were well signed and with several winter themed characters along the way we soon arrived. On arrival it was nice to see all the families enjoying what was on offer Ice skating, snow man making, snow ball volley ball, magicians, Husky dogs racing and plenty of stalls to get a bite to eat or a coffee.
Once we had finished with Snow Time we headed off to look around the gardens firstly going through the nursery rime section this is a must for kids, it was nice to hear several families sing with there kids the songs of the themes they were standing in front of "great atmosphere". Proceeding along through the gardens at a leisurely stroll looking at all the different themed gardens even in winter when lots of the trees were bare of leaves was relaxing and interesting and a nice way to spend a morning. Both of us agreed that we would come back in January to see the gardens in bloom and to bring the grand children to see another of there themed attractions "Bugs"

Somersby
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Gardens great, but "Snowtime" a disappointment”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

This is the first negative review I have ever posted on Trip Advisor, and I am not doing it lightly.

I arrived at "Snowtime" at 12.30pm with my excited kids. I was aware that it was necessary, on arrival, to book in to an ice skating session (as numbers were limited). However, when I was told that the earliest my children could skate was 3.30pm I could not believe it. A three hour wait! We went and had a peek at the rink and saw that it was fairly small and ridiculously crowded - not worth the wait. The other activities on offer were underwhelming, and most had very long waiting lines. We just gave up. My children were disappointed, but luckily, they enjoyed their stroll around the gardens, which are beautiful and which I recommend.

I travelled one and a half hours to this event, in response to the organisers' advertisment in my local (Central Coast) Newspaper. I resent that the organisers did not deliver what they promised. Their idea is wonderful, but they need to provide enough facitlites to cater for the number of people to whom they advertise.

1 Thank Suzanne J