“Enjoyable afternoon”

140 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 131 helpful votes
“Enjoyable afternoon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

We have visited the shops at the HVG several times on our journey from Sydney to Brisbane, but we never seem to have enough time there. This time we stayed at the Mercure next door and I had a delightful afternoon poking through all the little shops. I purchased a number of interesting gifts and we had a very pleasant lunch on the outdoor deck of an excellent cafe Taste of the Country. In the evening we went to see the Christmas Lights Spectacular which we thoroughly enjoyed. Be sure to wait until it is completely dark when the light show is magical.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Sydney
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Poor customer skills”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

My partner and I called Hunter Valley Gardens to get prior permission to have engagement photos taken at the gardens. The response we got from the receptionist was exceptionally rude. My partner couldnt even finish his sentence before negotiating diverted to an answering machine. We left messages but no one ever got back to us.
We ended up going to a much better place, with better customer service and at least we felt welcome from the start.

1 Thank Jessmsl
Sydney
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Beautiful garden.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

Garden is beautiful with lots to see.
I went on a hot day so would have prefer more shades. Next time will remember to bring umbrella.
The garden or gardens were big so I got tired and didn't want to go back around to see all the things that I've missed. Will be wearing comfy shoes next time with pinic basket to break inbetween admiring the gardens.
I went in February so just missed the Christmas light but was told that it was amazing. Will definately go back again next time closer to Christmas to catch the light.
Unforunately I was unable to load anymore photos as the files were too big and it was taking too long. But the gardens is a must see if you're in the Hunter region.

Visited February 2012
Sydney, Australia
“denorah C”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

the gardens are amazing-gave us lots of ideas for our home garden but the highlight was the Christmas light spectacular. We have never seen anything like it & want to caome back next year & bring the kids

Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Christmas Lights Spectacular - AMAZING!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

We attended the Christmas Lights Spectacular at Hunter Valley Gardens and it was definitely worth it! Beautiful gardens with fantastic Christmas lights, definitely recommend this attraction!