“Perfect Stay in Hunter Valley”
Review of Elfin Hill

Elfin Hill
Reviewed September 13, 2011

we stayed for only 1 night at the elfin hill and were sad to go as we didn't have any more time. We loved our stay and were amazed by the warm welcome we received from the proprietors as well as from the surrounding sand the room quality.
we could use the nice kitchen to prepare our own dinner that we enjoyed with the newly akquired Hunter Valley wine.
when down there - try the orange marmelade - it's home made, totally organic and just great!

If we come to Hunter Valley again - we would go for the Hill again!

Room Tip: any room is good, try one close to the pool, that one had an even greater view on the landscape and...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Elfin Hill

Reviewed July 18, 2011

Beautiful surroundings, fantastic service, delicious breakfast. The place is incredibly nice! Highly recommended!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 18, 2011

We stayed here for our wedding with some family and friends back in 2009. Elfin Hill is in a very quiet and relaxing location. The rooms for our guests although fairly simple and modest were clean and well appointed. My wife and I stayed in the Studio however, and this really is a very nice modern room with a mezzanine level for the bed. There is a common room next door with lounges and table tennis which was enjoyed by our guests.

The owners Marie and Mark were fantastic and nothing was ever a problem for them. Can't say anything bad about our stay at Elfin Hill. When we returned again the next year Marie remembered us and had a complimentary bottle of wine waiting for us in our room. That's what I call great service.

Room Tip: The Studio is highly reccomended.
  • Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 30, 2011

Although I haven't stayed at this resort, I will certainly look to next time I am in the Hunter Valley.
My best friend spent a weekend here to celebrate her 30th, as I live in England, I was unable to join her so I decided to try and arrange a special surprise for her.
I contacted Elfin Hill and Marie couldn't have been more helpful, she sourced and purchased champagne and a lovely cake on my behalf and had it waiting in my friends room when she arrived, which was just perfect.
Thank you so much to Marie and everyone at Elfin Hill for helping me to be part of my friends day and arranging such a wonderful surprise.

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed March 24, 2011

We stayed here for one night and had a lovely stay in the Studio cottage. Marie was a wonderful host and made us feel very welcome. She even let us cook our dinner in the professional kitchen rather than in our apartment and brought us some salad to go with it. There were even fresh herbs from the garden which we were encouraged to use. We also saw our first kangaroo at dusk in the garden which made it even more special!

Reviewed March 22, 2011

We had a magnificent stay at Elfin Hill. Our weekend at Elfin Hill was as much a highlight as the Neil Diamond concert. Marie and Mark spoilt us with superb, friendly service. The Studio at Elfin Hill comes highly recommended.

Reviewed March 20, 2011

We'd stayed in Elfin Hill for a couple of nights during our visit of Hunter Valley.
Marie welcomed us with plenty of ideas and recommendations and was always very helpful.
The rooms were cosy and clean, but I think bathroom would need some redecoration.
The breakfast was absolutely fantastic!!
Overall, we enjoyed our stay very much and if we are ever again in Hunter Valley, I couldn't imagine staying anywhere else!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pokolbin
Kirkton Park Hotel Hunter Valley
Chateau Elan Hunter Valley
Pokolbin Village
Pokolbin Village
#5 of 15 in Pokolbin

Been to Elfin Hill? Share your experiences!