“Always very friendly service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Elfin Hill

Elfin Hill
Sydney, Australia
“Always very friendly service”
Reviewed April 18, 2011

We stayed here for our wedding with some family and friends back in 2009. Elfin Hill is in a very quiet and relaxing location. The rooms for our guests although fairly simple and modest were clean and well appointed. My wife and I stayed in the Studio however, and this really is a very nice modern room with a mezzanine level for the bed. There is a common room next door with lounges and table tennis which was enjoyed by our guests.

The owners Marie and Mark were fantastic and nothing was ever a problem for them. Can't say anything bad about our stay at Elfin Hill. When we returned again the next year Marie remembered us and had a complimentary bottle of wine waiting for us in our room. That's what I call great service.

Room Tip: The Studio is highly reccomended.
  • Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 30, 2011

Although I haven't stayed at this resort, I will certainly look to next time I am in the Hunter Valley.
My best friend spent a weekend here to celebrate her 30th, as I live in England, I was unable to join her so I decided to try and arrange a special surprise for her.
I contacted Elfin Hill and Marie couldn't have been more helpful, she sourced and purchased champagne and a lovely cake on my behalf and had it waiting in my friends room when she arrived, which was just perfect.
Thank you so much to Marie and everyone at Elfin Hill for helping me to be part of my friends day and arranging such a wonderful surprise.

• Stayed March 2011
The Hague, Netherlands
Reviewed March 24, 2011

We stayed here for one night and had a lovely stay in the Studio cottage. Marie was a wonderful host and made us feel very welcome. She even let us cook our dinner in the professional kitchen rather than in our apartment and brought us some salad to go with it. There were even fresh herbs from the garden which we were encouraged to use. We also saw our first kangaroo at dusk in the garden which made it even more special!

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 22, 2011

We had a magnificent stay at Elfin Hill. Our weekend at Elfin Hill was as much a highlight as the Neil Diamond concert. Marie and Mark spoilt us with superb, friendly service. The Studio at Elfin Hill comes highly recommended.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed March 20, 2011

We'd stayed in Elfin Hill for a couple of nights during our visit of Hunter Valley.
Marie welcomed us with plenty of ideas and recommendations and was always very helpful.
The rooms were cosy and clean, but I think bathroom would need some redecoration.
The breakfast was absolutely fantastic!!
Overall, we enjoyed our stay very much and if we are ever again in Hunter Valley, I couldn't imagine staying anywhere else!

Sydney
Reviewed February 20, 2011

My Boyfriend and I wanted simple but pleasant accommodation for a birthday/anniversary weekend. I am so pleased we stayed at Elfin Hill.

Marie was helpful from the outset, organising our wine tour, suggesting a great romantic restaurant, giving us lifts the next day to pick up our cars. The room was simple but clean, with a small bottle of complimentary wine.

The outlook is stunning and so peaceful, and breakfast so much better than fancy cafe's I've eaten in sydney.

I felt so at home with Marie and the other guests, we even had an impromptu pool party on our 2nd night, it was so wonderful to have happy birthday sung to me by all the guests and friends that I would have thought they were life long friends.

STAY HERE! YOU WONT REGRET IT!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pipsta82
Sydney
Reviewed February 17, 2011

I stayed at the cottage for 3 nights with my boyfriend this week and had such an amazing time. The place was very clean and cosy. We loved waking up to the sound of nature and the mesmerising views of the landscape from our cottage. It was very private and peaceful. There was also a guest lounge for everyone to use with a tv, plenty of dvds and books to read and a ping pong table. There is also a pool and Lola the beautiful dog.

Marie was an exceptional host, bringing delicious complementary breakfast to our door at the time we chose. She also organised an awesome wine tour for us with Jenny from Trekabout Tours even though we only asked her the night before. She was contactable at all hours of the day and would give friendly advice to any query we had.

Definitely recommend this to everyone!! Thanks again Marie!!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jacintapg
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pokolbin
The Sebel Kirkton Park Hunter Valley
Hunter Valley Resort
Hunter Valley Resort
#8 of 15 in Pokolbin
Leisure Inn Pokolbin Hill

Been to Elfin Hill? Share your experiences!