Elfin Hill
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Oaks Cypress Lakes Resort(Pokolbin)
  • Pool
Golden Door Health Retreat & Spa Elysia(Pokolbin)
  • Pool
The Guest House(Pokolbin)
Tower Lodge(Pokolbin)
Cessnock Motel(Cessnock)
View Hotel
All reviewscommon roomhunter valleyown private balconybeautiful surroundingshomemade jamswarm hospitalitygreat hostsa wonderful staybbq areagroup of friendscooked breakfastlocal vineyardsplace to stayrooms are comfortableeasy accesswine tastingstayed for nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 20, 2011

We'd stayed in Elfin Hill for a couple of nights during our visit of Hunter Valley.
Marie welcomed us with plenty of ideas and recommendations and was always very helpful.
The rooms were cosy and clean, but I think bathroom would need some redecoration.
The breakfast was absolutely fantastic!!
Overall, we enjoyed our stay very much and if we are ever again in Hunter Valley, I couldn't imagine staying anywhere else!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 20, 2011

My Boyfriend and I wanted simple but pleasant accommodation for a birthday/anniversary weekend. I am so pleased we stayed at Elfin Hill.

Marie was helpful from the outset, organising our wine tour, suggesting a great romantic restaurant, giving us lifts the next day to pick up our cars. The room was simple but clean, with a small bottle of complimentary wine.

The outlook is stunning and so peaceful, and breakfast so much better than fancy cafe's I've eaten in sydney.

I felt so at home with Marie and the other guests, we even had an impromptu pool party on our 2nd night, it was so wonderful to have happy birthday sung to me by all the guests and friends that I would have thought they were life long friends.

STAY HERE! YOU WONT REGRET IT!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pipsta82
Reviewed February 17, 2011

I stayed at the cottage for 3 nights with my boyfriend this week and had such an amazing time. The place was very clean and cosy. We loved waking up to the sound of nature and the mesmerising views of the landscape from our cottage. It was very private and peaceful. There was also a guest lounge for everyone to use with a tv, plenty of dvds and books to read and a ping pong table. There is also a pool and Lola the beautiful dog.

Marie was an exceptional host, bringing delicious complementary breakfast to our door at the time we chose. She also organised an awesome wine tour for us with Jenny from Trekabout Tours even though we only asked her the night before. She was contactable at all hours of the day and would give friendly advice to any query we had.

Definitely recommend this to everyone!! Thanks again Marie!!!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jacintapg
Reviewed January 25, 2011

Marie and Mark were very welcoming and helpful. Enjoyed using the barbie facilities in the evening then relaxing in the large airy lounge. Big, clean rooms. Great location for vineyard tours. Good value for Hunter Valley.

Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 30, 2010

Enjoy a wonderful breakfast in the family garden, as wife Marie made. You not only experience the warm, kindness and cleanliness, but also kangaroos!
We loved it!

Happy New Year to the family!
Gunilla & Jöns from Sweden