“Onsite Station Motel Parkes”

Station Restaurant and Cafe
Ranked #6 of 44 Restaurants in Parkes
Description: Station Restaurant has a modern, fresh cuisine with a touch of the orient. Great flavour combinations, this menu has something for all palettes.
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Great service and prices
Friendly and attentive service
Good sized, well price meals
Lovely fresh local produce
Open to public as well as in house guests

Reviewed June 18, 2012 via mobile

Straight off the bat these guys were of to a bad start. Bringing a menu to the table, when asked whether I would like a drink and responding 'just water thanks' they promptly brought out a poured bottle of mineral water. I do not like mineral water, I did not want mineral water, and they should have asked if as they say they 'didn't want to inflict parkes water on me'. I did not drink the mineral water.

After fussing about with tables while I was clearly ready to order they finally came over. I ordered just the fettuccine main. I love a good fettuccine, perhaps most of all because it is very quick to prepare when using fresh pasta. As I type I realise I am constantly hearing the beeps of a microwave finishing as indicated by another reviewer, and now the elderly guy who runs the hotel and waits the restaurant has run off to fix a tv in one of the rooms.

Now that the food has arrived, the temperature of it confirms that it has been assembled and then heated in a microwave. Never using packet/canned food at home, after finishing the meal I've got the sort of sickly feeling I get from eating canned foods. The chicken was dry and I've no doubt it sits in a container in the kitchen waiting to be turned into a pasta, salad, or grilled dish depending on what the customer orders.

To sum it up, it's food for nourishment's sake...nothing else

3  Thank Followthework
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Went here with a couple and we had a horrible experience, the wait staff had no concept of timing - one of my friends asked for a glass of wine with the main, she proceeded to pour it and leave it sitting on the bar for almost an hour until the mains came out. The food tasted like it was microwaved. The steak was tough and sauce was like water. I couldn't finish it. We were all still so hungry after entree and main we decided to go for dessert. They only had about 2 items available off the list?? Seriously poor planning. So we decided to share the cheese platter which was recommended for 4 people. The cheese platter consisted of tasty cheese, jatz, and a very small portion of brie or camembert - the waitress couldn't remember and there was only really enough of that for 2 portions. Very unsatisfying meal and the cost was well over the top for the quality and service. I will never return.

1  Thank macruc
Reviewed January 15, 2012

The food wasnt to bad either. Mixture of Asian and Sea food.
about $30 for a main course. Sevice form the staff was very good.
If we are Forbes again - We will go back

Reviewed December 3, 2011

I'm not sure what else is available in Parkes but this restaurant was nothing special.

The motel was full the night we stayed & the restaurant was very busy. The staff found it difficult to cope & the food was just so so.