All reviewscountry comfortstayed hereafter a long dayindoor pool was greatmain highwaybunk bedsnewell highwayplenty of parkingrestaurant meala great nights sleepclean roomsreception staffair conwould definitely stay here againinformation centrefantastic staytown centre
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stopped over in Parkes at this Motel, it was fine for what we needed actually, but very basic. They really need to upgrade their rooms as they are out-dated, they had an " old smell" because they are so old!
I am a cleaner and also look after 2 Motels for a few months of the year, so I do know what is acceptable and what isn"t!!!!!!
The lady on Reception was very nice but not helpful really, we had a little chat!
Yes! Stay here, no worries, but don't expect any frills!

Room Tip: Probably ask for a room on the ground floor as we had to lug cases upstairs, we managed very well, but older people would struggle!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank 583Dianne1947
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We arrived on a very rainy late afternoon. The staff were warm and friendly and our two adjoining rooms were clean and comfortable. Our queen bed was a bit lumpy in the middle but otherwise everything else was fine. We had dinner in the restaurant and it was really lovely, good size servings and no complaints about room service breakfast the next morning either. My only gripe was the fact I could smell the cigarette smoke in our bathroom that was obviously coming through from the room above ours, I could block it out from the bedroom when I shut the door.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank bellaeleven
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I was in Parkes for business, and was booked into this hotel by the work travel agent.

This hotel was great. Parking at your door, didn't hear any noise from the highway (I was on the ground floor and midway along), TV reception was good, room was very clean and everything worked. Good value.

I've stayed in a neighbouring hotel previously, and this one certainly wins hands down.

Room Tip: Midway and downstairs - a colleague of mine stayed upstairs and could here the occasional truck.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We stayed in a Queen/Single combo room. Luckily I'd booked online prior as 2 cars were turned away before us in the queue who were both repeat guests!
Room was a good size-plenty of room for luggage and some space. Very clean and generous sized bathroom. Pool temp was great - even with all windows open in the chill outside. Didn't try the food as the chef wasn't in so we headed into town. Only a super quick drive there and back. Would definitely come back (pre-booked) on our next trip.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We traveled to Parkes from Sydney by car arriving late in the evening. The staff were very friendly and the room was all ready for us.
It was quite a spacious room for the four of us with a Queen size bed and bunk beds for my two grown kids. They both said that the beds were really comfortable. The room had a good sized TV with cable and internet available. They had coffee/tea making facilities with a bar fridge for any necessities.
Even though the hotel is situated on a main highway, the rooms are set far back off the road so you really don't get any noise.
The air-con was quiet as well and kept the room nice and cool.
The bathroom was quite large as well with a good sized shower and no shortage of water.
Found out the next morning that they also have an indoor swimming pool which I took advantage of. Very clean, the water was a nice temperature for swimming laps in.
We didn't take advantage of the restaurant but it looked like they had a good range of meals to choose from.
The hotel was a short trip, by car from the town centre, but would be a good 15 minute walk.
Check out was made very easy and back home.

Room Tip: If you don't like lugging bags upstairs, request a ground floor room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family