“Nice view”

Turner's Vineyard
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Orange
“Nice view”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

We stayed over the easter weekend & was disappointed on check in to be told the restaurant was closed that weekend. This should have been advised prior to booking as its out of town. Saying that the rooms were good comparing to other similarly priced motels in orange. Lovely view. The walls are thin and you could loudly hear people walking to & from their rooms.

• Stayed April 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Four of us stayed at the above Motel for one night, was to have been two, but unfortunately we were not told the truth about accommodation!! We had originally booked a two bedroom unit, but it had been given to others, so asked to have the two bedroom for the second night, which we were promised, but were asked to return after a certain time as they had to clean room, when we arrived back the price was much more than was quoted to us, after complaining the price was quickly fixed, when we looked at the "two bedroom unit" it was actually one bedroom and smaller than the one we had been in!! When we pointed out to them that it was supposed to be a two bedroom unit, we were than given the spin that the rooms hadn't been cleaned as they had no staff for the weekend, the room that we were in the first night was not very clean, the sheets on the pull-out divan had not been washed, at breakfast they ran out of yoghurt, fruit and clean dishes. We refused to stay there for the second night and went to a beautiful Motel up the road, no view, but the difference in everything well and truly made up for the view. This is the first time we have ever complained, we would never stay there again, nor recommend it to family or friends.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Thelly2014

Travelers are raving about these Orange hotels

SydneyStuart
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We stayed for two nights with friends. The hotel was clean and comfortable. The one bedroom apartment was spacious and I enjoyed the deep bath. Staff were pleasant but lacking in the finer points of hotel hospitality and the continental breakfast was really cereal, tea and toast. The restaurant was acceptable but the menu was limited.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Sydney
Reviewed January 19, 2014

We were attending a wedding in Orange and we needed to accommodate a large party consisting of 10 adults and 1 teenager.
With this establishment we were able to stay in 2 x 2 bedroom deluxe spa rooms.
The rooms were spacious and clean with a very basic kitchenette (Microwave/Sink/fridge), and fitted us all in nicely.
The rooms had a magnificent easterly view of the valley looking back towards Lucknow. The buildings were set high on the hill and far enough away from the highway to not suffer any road/traffic noise.
We were in probably the furthest away room from the reception centre and the free WiFi worked well.
The included breakfast was very basic.
It was a short 5min drive into Orange centre, but you you wouldn't want to be doing it more than once or twice a day.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank DavMen
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Arrived at our room and opened the door to be hit in the face with the smell of vomit! Called reception and we were moved to another room downstairs. We were told it was probably spilt milk that caused the smell. The rooms are obviously not checked prior to patrons checking in. The new room didnt smell of vomit but could have done with a good clean (bathroom, floors, windows etc). Bed was comfy but lounge and outside furniture uncomfortable. Was hoping to relax and read but was unable to find a comfy seat inside or out. Will not go back.

• Stayed December 2013
4 Thank Nhowi
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I stayed here for two nights on a business trip. The rooms are very spacious and smartly decorated. The views are spectacular.

The check in was smooth however having to collect the milk from the fridge for coffee felt like I had stepped back into a motel from 30 years ago.

Spot splattered glasses and lipstick on a cup saw me wash everything before using it. The shower needs a good scrub. The mini bar is ok and not outlandishly expensive. I opened the vineyards own white wine (contrary to other reports not free but $15 a bottle), not a bad drop. The bathroom amenities again feel like a motel from 30 years ago, horrid smell but functional.

I ordered room service the first night and the meals are expensive however very big and very nice. I had fish so, due to the smell put my tray outside my room, it was still there the next day. Breakfast in the restaurant has a good selection of cereals, fruit, juice, toast and coffee. The second night I had dinner in the restaurant, when I rang reception to book It took her some time to decide whether they could fit me in finally telling me I could come in at 7:30, when I got there there were 6 people in the restaurant that seats about 50, in the time I was there only one more person showed up, so I don't know what that was about. The food was very nice. I had a coffee to go and it was awful, do yourself a favour and make yourself instant in the room, this is bad but not as bad as the coffee in the restaurant, that you have to pay for.

I stayed on my own and like to leave things neat and tidy so not much to tidy or clean however if housekeeping spent 5 minutes in the room I would be surprised. The bathroom towels were not touched, let alone replaced. The table in the room still had salt from dinner and cup marks, cup marks on the bedside table too. The kettle (which I left out due to being warm) was still out in the same spot and still with water in it. But what really took me aback was when I took the bedspread off the bed the bed wasn't made just the sheets very roughly pulled up, I had to make the bed before getting into it. Even in flea bag cheap motels I have never seen this. There is no discount for more than one night so put some effort into cleaning the room. Shame on the housekeeping staff.

Overall OK. Impressive exterior but less than average experience. Would I stay here again, maybe for work, never on my own coin.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank RobbyInSydney
Parramatta, Australia
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Stayed here recently for three nights for a work trip. It was fantastic to come back after very long days to a spacious room with comfy beds, huge bathroom and, of course, a bottle of wine at the ready. I didn't want to leave!

Had dinner with a colleague at the restaurant on the first night overlooking the vineyard which was nice, though we felt the choices nor the food itself wasn't anything overly spectacular.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business