“Very Disappointed”

Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Orange
Dubbo, Australia
“Very Disappointed”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Where do I start? We arrived in our room to find the toilet brush in the hand basin. Not very hygenic. The toilet was not flushing well but thought nothing of it and prodeeded to go out for dinner. We came back some hours later, toilet not great but working. Jumped into bed and it was as hard as a rock. Would have been more comfortable to sleep on the floor. Could not sleep so put the radio on - it did not work. Could not wait for day break to get up and going. Jumped in the shower and the shower fell of the wall - were we staying at Fawlty Towers? We proceeded to reception to check out and let them know of our less than pleasant experience and they could not give a damn. They stared blankly as I suggested they get a plumber NOW as the toilet was about to overflow. They said they would refer our concerns to the manager and that was the end of that. We have never heard from the management !! We were not looking for free accommodation just an apology would have been nice. I would suggest you stay elsewhere.
Lynne

Room Tip: Just stay somewhere else!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Lynne M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Bronte Park, Australia
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We stayed in Central Caleula Motor Lodge in Orange one night on 25 April 2013. Well priced for generous buffet breakfast for two and we would stay here again and we recommend it to friends and family. Room 44 and bathroom is spacious, new, clean, quiet, bed/pillows comfortable. We are even more impressed with the service since the jacket, pants with belt and shirt I left behind hanging in the wardrobe were posted to us the same weekend after a telephone call to the reception from Dubbo next night when we discovered the missing clothing; Caleula is worth 5 stars !

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney
Reviewed March 30, 2013

The room we got was very nice. It was on the ground floor across far end of the main entrance.
Not only was it very clean, well made up beds, well presented and with a mini bar , tv, and the rooms were very spacious and modern. Obviously they hade done up the rooms recently. The reception was very friendly and so were the serving staff in the restaurant.
They have a wonderful mordern australian menu but don't expect too much from the bar or cocktails. The restaurant was pricey but then what wasn't in dubbo. Good food & ambience in the restaurant and very well mannered. Would recommend this motel as very good value ! Don't hesitate to book.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms away from the road side at the far side of the parking compound. Try the restauran...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Stayed here for a local friends birthday but have stayed here spasmodically over period of years
Hotel seemed very old and tired room was at back of hotel was nice and light reasonably clean and OK size wise and no street noise.
Friends had a Spa room which was bigger and more modern seems to be several styles of rooms available best to confern what type is required b4 arrival.
Breakfast was OK nothing special but reasonable quality
There are several newer Motels in town so maybe need to check others out but overall we had a nice stay

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Mackay, Australia
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Quiet and comfy unit with great bed and shower which to me are the two things that are mainly important when choosing accommodation. Kitchen sink outside bathroom too. Continental breakfast was included in our tariff, and this offered quite a selection in very ambient surrounds. Hot breakfast was also available for a little extra if you desired. 24 hour reception was convenient too, as we arrived on a late flight.

Room Tip: If you don't like a firm mattress, you may not give the place the same rating. Lawn bowls club...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DebbieB2010
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

I regularly travel thought NSW for work staying in lager country towns like Orange that have a number of choices for accommodation through to little towns with either one simple motel or just a pub as the accommodation option, so I am used to staying in variable standards of accommodation.

As far as value and attitude of staff is concerned I would rate this motel as one if the worst.

My room was dirty with hair and insects on the bathroom floor when, I told the girl in reception about this she said the was nothing she could do as the cleaners had gone home and there were no other rooms available.

I dined at the motel restaurant and the main dish was so salty I could not eat it, I told the waitress who went to talk to the chef,the response of the chef was "that is the way the dish is meant to be" such a take it or leave it attitude was very disappointing.

I complained to the receptionist who said there was nothing she could do and I was best to discuss with the manager the next morning, in the morning when I raised my disappointing experiences with the room and the restaurant with the manager she did not seem to care.

The manager said the owner was due in late in the morning so I asked her to get the owner to call me, as I write this almost a month later i have not been contacted by the owner.

I guess the don't care attitude starts from the top.

• Stayed December 2012
7 Thank Paulandjoseph
Batemans Bay, Australia
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We recently stayed at the motel whilst visiting Orange. We found the reception to be very welcoming when checking in and the restaurant staff to be very helpful and friendly. We booked through Wotif and had a continental breakfast included but were able to upgrade to a full breakfast which pleased my husband as there was plenty of bacon, eggs, sausages and other such goodies for him to enjoy. The rooms was clean and modern and free onsite undercover parking was a plus. All in all it was a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Check out Wotif as the deal we found was very good value
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple