“Great stay!”

Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Orange
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Great stay!”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

I stayed here recently for one night with my partner. Rooms were large and clean.
My partner particularly liked watching the rugby on the large screen TV.
We ordered room service and the food was lovely.
Staff at reception were very friendly providing us with maps of the area and giving us directions to the venue we had to attend.
Overall, it was a great stay.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
ccorange, Owner at Ibis Styles Orange, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Thank you for your comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Houston
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Stayed at this motel for one night. Was impressed by the size and layout of the family room - it had a second bedroom with 2 single beds, and a 2nd Tv (very impotant to my two boys). Given most of the other motels we stayed at simply had a pull out couch in the main room, this was a nice surprise.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Central coast NSW
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I unfortunately am not happy with this hotel... I didn't actually get to stay there because our booking was CANCELLED by the hotel - we were due to stay there in July and i had booked this in early February BUT just under 4 weeks out of our arrival date, we were phoned and told UNFORTUNATELY our room was no longer available (even though i was sent an email in March confirming our booking).... The manager did give me the phone numbers of other available accommodation in orange ( but i feel this was just to stop me from complaining that i felt i had been treated with total disregard), I had to make all the calls and rearrange our accommodation and hope and pray i could get the 4 of us (which included 2 children) into other accommodation with such short notice... This not only happened to me but also to others that had book with this hotel.... I personally will Never stay at this hotel nor will i recommend it ... and i know that other families and I will be needing to travel to orange this time and at least 2 more times in the future... Very disappointed :-(

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Gina R
, Owner at Ibis Styles Orange, responded to this review, July 15, 2012
You were right to point out that I did give you plenty of notice and many alternatives including contact numbers and room type availability within Orange. It is an unfortunate part of the industry when this happens but it happens nonetheless. Since you have now complained to every possible source including silverneedle, Orange Tourism, the ombudsman, your MP and god knows who else I hope eventually you will cease your vendetta. After your explosive abuse toward myself and my staff including accusing me of "ruining your childs life" we are relieved to hear that you will choose not to stay with us in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Orange hotels

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I have stayed at this motel for the last two nights and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The room that I am staying in is large and comfortable and it is clean and well maintained. The heating is excellent and has been most welcome over the last few nights when the temperatures have been below zero. The restaurant has a lovely atmosphere. The food - although basic is very good. The service has been good and the owner of the property is quite a character. I will definitely be staying here again on my next visit to Orange.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 26, 2012

We got a room in this place for one night but couldn't get anything more - we were told there were a lot of large machinery crew in town staying there and that was the only room and night available.
We found out from locals that accommodation is troublesome in this town with the miners taking up lots of rooms. I hope this was just a one off for this place and not a regular occurance because the rooms were readonable as was the food and service.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Kiama
Reviewed April 29, 2012

I stayed at this motel recently and had a comfortable stay however on checking my bank statements I was annoyed to find that extra charges had been applied to my credit card after I left. When I phoned to inquire about these charges i was told it was for items in the bar fridge but when I explained that I didn't use this service the owner replied that it was a mistake and refunded the charge.
I think it is unethical to automatically charge a customer's account and put the onus on the customer to challenge such unauthorised charges without contacting the customer first. I won't stay at this motel again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Trampsie
ccorange, Owner at Ibis Styles Orange, responded to this review, May 1, 2012
As you are aware we refunded your money as soon as you telephoned us and apologised for the error. When you sent an email we further investigated the matter and again apologised for the error. If a guest leaves our Motel without paying for their Minibar we attempt to make contact and discuss the matter and than charge the card. On this occasion this procedure was followed however we were unable to make contact. Unfortunately there are a certain element of our society which will drink from the Minibar without paying and in fact they go to all sorts of measures to cover up their dishonesty. We provide Minibar as a service and attempt where possible to ensure that we do not apply any incorrect charges. On this occasion we make mistakes, we are only human. We have refunded the money and apologised numerous times, I am not sure what else we can do to make amends to you.
Sydney
Reviewed April 27, 2012

Our room was large, clean and comfortable. Breakfast was not included in the room charge and we were surprised to find that the self serve continental breakfast cost $15. For this price I would expect fresh or stewed fruit and a choice of milk (there was no light or skim milk offered), as well as the usual basic items such as cereal and toast. I would stay here again but would take my own breakfast.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple