“Maureen”
Review of Rocking Horse Lounge - CLOSED

Rocking Horse Lounge
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: A new fine dining restuarant , opened in the premises that used to be Mackies Cafe.
Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

Great food especially the pork
Would go back any time
Lovely atmosphere and perfect for
a special occasion or just a nice night out

1  Thank 8,063

Reviewed March 24, 2014

My husband and I went for our anniversary dinner and the food was just divine. The atmosphere was romantic and warm, such friendly and exeptional staff who take great pride in providing the most outstanding service. From the complementary homemade bread, mouth watering main, to the exquisite dessert it left us wanting to return the very next night. We just love the Rocking Horse Lounge and whether with family or friends it is on the top of our list.

Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

Everything was amazing. Food was to die for, the Gnocchi was out of this world. Service was awesome. We had friends visiting & we all had a wonderful night. Will be back for sure.

1  Thank ChristopherRose
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Took my fiance here after noticing it a few times with curiosity. The restaurant itself reminded me somewhat of Jaimie's Italian in Sydney, but less Gaudy and less try hard. I found the atmosphere quite relaxed which I enjoyed being in a rural community.

I did have a big problem when it came to ordering though - so many appealing choices. But my fiance decided to order the main I wanted most (pork belly) so I went for the spatchcock for something different.

I really enjoyed the free bread, the entrees were great, but the real show started with the mains. After seeing my fiances meal my heart dropped, so jealous!!! Always loved my pork. The spatchcock was nicely presented and looked quite appealing but I'm a fairly fussy eater so I wasn't sure what to expect. All I need to say is - that since then I've always been on the lookout for spatchcock on menus :) haven't been lucky enough to find one that compares.

Also pinched a bit of my fiances Pork Belly - nom nom nom.

The homemade ice cream was delicious for dessert. And whatever chocolate cake thing we ordered - ahh writing this review is making me want to go back tonight.

The service staff are also very pleasant and friendly. Had a nice chat with one just before we left despite being the last ones left and them probably waiting to go home.

I returned once so far win my fiances parents, and the experience was equally good - well except missing my fIance.

Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

Went here on valintines day. Booked a table for 2, they were already full but went out of there way to get us a table, were glad they did such a perfect night. Thankyou