“A pleasurable experience.”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

Had dinner here last night and I must say Bistro Tartine did not disappoint.
I had the cheese soufflé, which was flavoursome and light. 2 others had the charcuterie plate, which they devoured with gusto, commenting inbetween mouthfuls how good it was. Another had the scallops and was more than satisfied.
For mains I and another had the veal. This was cooked to perfection, was tasty and a good size. The salmon was had by another and was enjoyed immensely. The fourth person had the duck and was well impressed.
The posh chips were hand cut and were just that, posh. Yum! The chilli brocoli was also equally as tasty and both sides were a good size for a table of four to share.
Only one dessert was had, the brûlée which was delicious. Coffee was great, although the affogato really should be served with some liqueur.
The service was friendly and professional.
Will definitely return and would reccommend it to others.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

I have eaten at Bistro Tartine a fair while ago and it was excellent, unfortunately when we ate there tonight this was not the case! First of all the I have to say that the service was good. The waiters were very friendly and we didn't wait long to be served and our water was topped up throughout the dinner. We ordered the sourdough which was tasty. Now comes the bad bit, the main! Both my wife and I ordered the Wagyu beef which came with fries and a small side salad. I'd have a good guess that the fries were out of the freezer, they weren't cooked enough and did not taste like hand made chips. Is it really that hard to cut your own chips? Second the steak was very chewy, it didn't seem overcooked so either it was a poor quality steak or it wasn't seared and then cooked slowly to take advantage of the steak marbling in the Wagyu. I was quite disappointed with the main as a whole, so much so that we didn't order any desert as we figured it would be of the same quality so we went somewhere else to get some!

Reviewed September 14, 2012

My husband and I dined at Bistro Tartine last night to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The food was gorgeous - we both had the duck (i'd go back just to experience this dish again it was wonderful). I had the Creme Brulee for dessert and it was everything I had been craving. Beautiful wine and no-fuss, professional service. We will definitely be going back again and recommending it to friends.

1  Thank Elicia T
Reviewed September 5, 2012

From start to finish, not a problem. Service was expert, food was divine. The steaks and lamb cooked perfectly and those choc fondants are full of love. Will be returning very soon

Reviewed August 25, 2012

Bistro Tartine is a gem. The menu reads beautifully. The food is delicious - on this visit the scallops and the lamb. The service is impeccable - helpful and knowledgable - rivals service in busy big city, big name restaurants. Recommend this place to everybody.