“Top Feed”

The Junction Hotel Restaurant
Ranked #26 of 595 Restaurants in Newcastle
Cuisines: Contemporary, Pub, Wine Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The award winning Junction Hotel has successfully merged traditional and modern design concepts, resulting in a truly unique venue. Open seven days til late we offer something for everyone! You can enjoy lunch or dinner in our restaurant or take a seat in the View Bar and dapple in our extensive wine list. On weekends take your time and enjoy that long lunch with matching wines, plus coffee and cake is also on offer...& With LIVE entertainment Friday and Saturday nights the Junction Hotel is the spot to be. Awarded 3 Schooners in the 2014 SMH Good Food Good Pub Guide WINNERS 2015 Best Casual Dining AHA NSW Awards for Excellence
Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

Dropped in for a casual beer, looked at the specials and had to have the chicken. Unreal, top Feed, fresh, elegantly garnished, worth every cent

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Went here with a group - had a delicious meal (we all had Ribs!) and Chips. Service was excellent, food was excellent (and fast!), we all had vouchers to use, and each person at the table was allowed to use one and we could all pay seperately, winning! Would definitely recommend it to anyone, it does get very busy some evenings so may pay to book if you are a group. Have also been here before and had the Lamb Salad, and also for drinks. Was great then also.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

My wife and I ate here a couple of months ago and it was fantastic. We have only just managed to get back there and took another couple with us this time. They have changed the menu and the choices are extensive. We were recommended to try the crispy skin barramundi, the Cuban braised lamb shoulder with garlic rice , the 12 hour slow cooked rib steak and the paella. As we were totally unfamiliar with the new menu we took the advice of the waitstaff......all I can say is WOW!!

The combination of flavours and textures rendered this a thoroughly pleasing experience.......so pleasing in fact that we took several of our other friends there tonight. We started with a selection of tapas for the table however i simply could not pass up the lamb shoulder again for my main. All my guests were impressed with both the quality of the food and the professional service.

Once again many thanks to the Junction Hotel for a fantastic experience.......WE WILL BE BACK !

Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

I'm certain that the low lighting is on purpose so as you can not decipher what you are eating. And the pay before you eat at the counter is to prevent bill disputes with the food.
I had the misfortune of ordering the lamb shoulder. The lamb itself was tender and rather nice but what it was accompanied with was inedable. I'm not quite sure as to what it was supposed to be, risotto I think, but it was not only a soggy mush it tasted as though I was eating a pile of jarred minced garlic. Not something even remotely enjoyable. And this coming from someone who eats pickled garlic from a jar.
It was obvious to the waitress that something was wrong. When told she only offered a free drink. A rather miserly compensation for a $28 dish at a pub.
I would not recommend a place where quite clearly the chef does not taste the food and that certainly applies here.
Disgraceful.

1  Thank Asgre
Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

The ribs are fantastic. Good size servings and with a tasty BBQ sauce. Ordered a side of the most delicious fries that came with garlic aioli and tangy BBQ sauce. Good size meal, service staff were very friendly. Happily come again.