“Lovely food that took an age to arrive”

Silo Restaurant and Lounge Bar
Ranked #115 of 596 Restaurants in Newcastle
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Description: Newcastle's' hottest cocktail lounge and restaurant, Silo Restaurant & Lounge, is this month celebrating their 11th birthday. Since bursting onto our culinary experience radars in 2004, this sophisticated, boutique, harbour side restaurant & bar, has become a favorite among many Novocastrians and visiting tourists alike.
Reviewed April 19, 2013

The food took over 1.25 hours to arrive to us, without so much as an apology or a warning of the delay. When the food did arrive, my meal had a hair in it; Very unfortunate as I knew the waitress was very embarrassed. The food in the end was lovely, so if you are patient then definitely pay it a visit.

NewcastleMark, General Manager at Silo Restaurant and Lounge Bar, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Hi Mark,

It was Sunday morning the 14th April. We sat near the kitchen entrance (n front of the coffee machine) at a long table as there were 8 of us. We all had breakfast and I had your omelette. The food was delicious in the end, but it did take 35 minutes just to get the coffee that we ordered and the food took over an hour.

I used to work in hospitality and I completely understand how hard it is when you are super-busy and everyone wants a thousand different things. Our poor waitress was doing ok, but she was definitely frazzled and I think she could have just told us about the waiting time and we would have been fine.

I really appreciate you following up. Just so you know, this experience wouldn't stop me from coming in to you again.

Lauzyb

Thank you for your understanding, it was a glorious day here on the waterfront, and we unfortunately were caught understaffed. I sincerely apologise for the waits, and hope to see you again.

Mark

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Our wedding group booked out the indoor space. Steak (?fillet) for main meal was wonderfully tender, tasty & yummy.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

The staff are friendly and nice but the less than half full restaurant did not explain the ridiculously long wait for our food.

The location is nice but the bad low pink lighting made it impossible to see the actual meal.

A shame but we will not be dining here again.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Had breakfast here whilst staying at the crowne plaza. The service at first was a bit slow, took 20min to take our order, but it may have been an oversight. Food though was great, so was the coffee and juice.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Myself and my husband were dining in Silo tonight. It's our 2 years wedding anniversary tonight. I had Scallops which was sooo nice and my husband had a steak medium .He said it was one of the best meals he ever had.The most important thing for me is Service and drinks anyway even if food is great.And service was so good, waiters and waitresses was there anytime we needed them, checked on our meals and drinks.I ordered Raspberry Tom Collins cocktail and it was one of the best cocktails i`ve ever had.
Just wanted to say Thank you guys for your great work and we will be back again. You are really good at what you`re doing. Sorry i don`t know your names, but we enjoyed it a lot.

1  Thank santa b