“great place”

Silo Restaurant and Lounge Bar
Ranked #114 of 590 Restaurants in Newcastle
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Description: Newcastle's' hottest cocktail lounge and restaurant, Silo Restaurant & Lounge, is this month celebrating their 11th birthday. Since bursting onto our culinary experience radars in 2004, this sophisticated, boutique, harbour side restaurant & bar, has become a favorite among many Novocastrians and visiting tourists alike.
Reviewed January 28, 2013

will definitely come back! great food choice, service and location.
most times busy need to make reservation.

NewcastleMark, Owner at Silo Restaurant and Lounge Bar, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Hi Gemini,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some kind words...!
It is so nice to hear that people really appreciate what we are trying to achieve here.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Paul Davies and The Team @ Silo.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Came here on a weekday for a leisurely lunch with a friend. Were surprised to enjoy excellent service - often weekdays are not always well staffed in other venues. Very attentive waitress.

Meals were wonderful, and promptly served. We spent probably 2 hours just watching the ships sail past, and the waitstaff seemed happy to accommodate us.

We shared a salted caramel tart with popcorn ice cream for dessert and it was AMAZING!

As for the price - well, I imagine we are paying for the location and the service, as well as the food. So I was expecting to pay a little more than the average cafe lunch, and I did.

I am keen to try a degustation dinner - probably with the beers.

Hi Justine,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review on your experience here.
Dining here at Silo Restaurant mid-week is often very serene and peaceful compared to the hustle and bustle of the weekends; I'm glad you agree with me!

We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Yours in hospitality,
Paul Davies

Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

The service was pretty poor, which was so disappointing! Honestly, you can't get a better location, right on the Harbour in the Honeysuckle precinct of Newcastle. We sat outside and watched a pod of dolphins cruise along just meters from us.

Breakfast was good, but the service was really slow. 15 minutes before the coffee arrived is too long in my opinion. Water glasses weren't brought until we were halfway through our meal. The meal took about 45 minutes to arrive and was delicious when we did get it.

A request for a second coffee took so long I canceled it and it arrived anyway. The restaurant is beautifully appointed, there seemed to be plenty of staff for a busy but not chaotically busy Sunday morning breakfast. They didn't seem to have any direction and seemed to spend a lot of time chatting. The staff were very pleasant, I have no complaints with their manner.

I would go again for the location, ambience and food but at least I will know to be prepared for a wait. My rating for value would have been higher had the service been a little more prompt.

Hi Showhorse68,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your experience.
Not knowing exactly which date you joined us, I am unable to offer a potential explanation as to what may have occured during your visit.
I have passed on your comments to all the staff and have made them aware.
Here at Silo Restaurant and Lounge we strive for 100% customer satisfaction but it appears we have fallen short this time around, and for that I apologise.

We do hope you give us another chance to experience our usual high levels of service.

The Team @ Silo.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Excellent service, delicious food and a wonderful atmosphere. Will definitely come back again soon. Thankyou Silo :-)

Hi Sophie!

Thank you so much for the lovely review!
We hope to see you sooner rather than later...!

The Team @ Silo

Reviewed January 3, 2013

My wife and I decided to try Silo's despite reading several reviews about the slow service as we were going out for our anniversary and weren't in a rush to get through dinner. The service by our waitress was great. She was friendly and attentive. The drinks and Entree came out promptly but then we were advised they were out of chicken and would need select another main (at 8pm) This was a main attraction of us going there as we had checked out the menu when we walked past earlier in the day. We then waited and our mains did not arrive for near 2 hours. All other table around us seemed to receive their meals much quicker and when I asked to speak to the manager to see why ours had taken so long, we were informed the docket had been misplaced. It was a shame because had the meals come out in half the time it would be a very different review.

2  Thank rugame
NewcastleMark, Owner at Silo Restaurant and Lounge Bar, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2013

Hi Rugame,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of our restaurant.
I am glad to hear that everything was great up until the misplacing of your docket.
All I can do is sincerely apologise and assure you that even though despite our best intentions, we are human after all and not infallible.
I can only assume your meal docket somehow made it onto the wrong pile and can offer no explanation other than carelessness. You have indeed highlighted an area where we can improve and for that, I thank you.

Hopefully you won't hold that single mistake against us forever and you choose to give us another go.

Yours in hospitality,