“Yum Yum... Yum”

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 30, 2013

The morning after the night before breakfast...hit the spot perfectly...excellent food, coffee and service...will be back for sure!!!
Keep up the good stuff guys!!
Cheers!

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Dropped in here on my own as it appears to be one of the few restaurants on Darby Street that is not Thai, Vietnamese or Chinese. While I love ethnic food, I find them better when eating with a group as you can share a range of dishes.

The restaurant has a small downstairs area and a slightly larger space upstairs including two tiny balcony tables. Furniture is very low cost and I suppose thought of as "trendy" but if anything is slightly flimsy and uncomfortable. Good choice of music in the background mainly lighter rock like Incubus and Foo Fighters. Not intrusive but not totally bland either

Service was fast and polite. There was a large group having a celebration next to me which made it a little noisy since all surfaces are hard. My waitress was great and I ordered a simple teak and some fries, a no nonsense order for someone like me who wants to just get in, eat and leave.
The steak was excellent, perfectly cooked to my liking (rare) but does not come with much apart from some lovely green beans and sliced almonds. I had asked for the side order of fries at $7 but my waitress let me know I could get a smaller $3 order which would be sufficient, They were huge and I couldn't eat even the $3 serving so well done.

So a reasonable meal with good service. Would probably suit a group of friends seeking a casual meal rather than my needs as a business man.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

I used to frequent 3 Monkeys on Darby St as it is in a trendy area and makes great smoothies for a summer's day. The coffee is average- often burned, though sometimes very drinkable. Good tea selection. The food is usually a good serving size and fresh, the menu touches a lot of bases. Service is always poor even when not busy- have waited upward of 20 minutes to be asked about drinks. Have had my meals 'forgotten' before with no compensation. They have recently renovated so the space is modern but not well thought out- high customer traffic, lots of noise.

When i actually recieve my meal it's faultless. Kudos for trying but there are better options in Newcastle.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Love the coffees here service was great felt a little cramped though was not impressed with how loud it was due to a small space

Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

The cafe in the down stairs section is cramped and noisey during a breakfast sitting. The service is poor and the coffee is cold.

1  Thank Peter H