“Quality and Location”

Scratchley's on the Wharf Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 558 Restaurants in Newcastle
Cuisines: Seafood, Australian, International
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Quality and Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

if you love seafood and your in Newcastle, Scatchley's is a no brainer. Favourite here is the grilled Seafood platter( notice is said grilled) the price seems to go up every time I have it though. Is you can book a window seat at sunset on because the view's are top notch.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Jmgslee

Maitland, Australia
“Nice food but couldn't hear a thing!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

Dined here for a family birthday outing and the food and service were good, however our night was not as expected due to a large conference group having booked out the main dining area and when taking our booking the restaurant neglected to advise of this. We dined in a corridor which was noisy due to a small space crowded with diners, hard wooden floors and lots of glass which bounced all the noise back to us again. We were yelling at each other to be heard and we all left with headaches which overshadowed the quality of the food - disappointing!

Market Rasen, United Kingdom
“Scratchley's Up To Scratch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

Perhaps we were lucky. A large conference had taken the main restaurant area and we were shown into the corridor-type room at the back. It was much quieter than the usual area and we could hear each other speak. The waitresses were prompt and attentive, which is unusual in my experience, a big improvement on my previous visits. I had the seared scallops to begin with, following by fried wild baby barramundi, choosing salad instead of chips. I finished with the three scoops of ice cream. It was a business dinner and the food was of excellent quality, served hot and well presented. My colleagues had three similar courses and the bill came to $240 including tip and drinks, some alcoholic, some not. On this evidence, I'd return to Scratchley's. I really hope they can sustain it.

1 Thank TrevorHall
Seminyak, Indonesia
“Great place for a meal or a function”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

Visited Scratchley's for a set menu dinner.
I was impressed by the service, the quality of the food and the lay out of the venue.
I cant comment properly on the value aspect as I am not sure of the cost of each dish.
Definitely would consider a return visit.

Newcastle, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Seafood Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

My husband & I have visited Scratchley's on many occasions & have always had excellent
service. The seafood has always been fresh & delicious. We also like the variety presented
on their menu. Can't go past the lovely location overlooking the Harbour.
We look forward to returning & trying something new

• Visited December 2012