“Terrible service and ordinary food”

Scratchley's on the Wharf Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 573 Restaurants in Newcastle
Cuisines: Seafood, Australian, International
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I went to scratchley's for lunch for my mums birthday. I very rarely have anything bad to say about restaurants but I have to so the overall experience was bad. The bread was very obviously stale to the point of being inedible, the main was so so but certainly not in line with the pricing. The biggest disappointment was the service, I had to leave table several times to ask for drinks and when they did come the waitress spilt one on my friend with no offer to clean her up! On that note there were trays of drinks dropped on 3 occasions( and not by the same waitress) which doesn't make for a relaxing atmosphere.
Overall the desert was good but that's all I can say.

2  Thank Jenni G
There are newer reviews for Scratchley's on the Wharf Restaurant

Reviewed February 20, 2013

We visited this restaurant in January 2013 after having eaten at several of the restaurants in the Honeysuckle Harbour area. It is a lovely looking restaurant but that was about it. Service was poor, food was average, prices were much more expensive than at other restaurants at Honeysuckle. We were disappointed.

1  Thank Lea52
Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

I recently went to scratchleys as part of a group of 4 people. We were sitting right by the water which was lovely. For an entree we had seared scallops. Delicious!!! For a main I had the nz salmon fillets which were also divine. Overall this restaurant is hard to beat. The only thing I can pick at is the atmosphere of the place. If you're looking for a more intimate quiet setting then this is not the place for you. There are lots of people dining there on Friday and Saturday so it can get quite loud sometimes.
P.S make sure when booking you ask for a table nearest to the water!

Reviewed February 13, 2013

4th visit in 2 years. Great location and service, and good menu and wine list. Not a cheap night out - but worth it.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

We took some visitors from South Africa to eat at this beautiful restaurant. We enjoyed great views, excellent service and delicious food. The seafood was cooked really well and everything tasted so good.