“The best food I have had in a long time”
Review of The Hop Factory

The Hop Factory
Ranked #341 of 590 Restaurants in Newcastle
Cuisines: American, Australian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Hop Factory is Newcastle's ultimate craft beer dining experience, offering both a craft beer restaurant & function facilities on Newcastle's most famous eat street - Darby Street. We have 20 taps of craft beer, the biggest and best range of Aussie & Imported in Newcastle, with a strong emphasis on food matching and a wine list exclusively featuring our local Hunter Valley vineyards.
Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

I decided to take my parents to The Hop Factory for my mums birthday, I thought with their love of craft beer how could I go wrong...and I didn't, we walked in to the sound of an amazing band. The staff were really friendly and welcoming. The food was prompt and reasonably priced. Three of us tried the burger (beef burger, pork burger and spicy beef burger) + Batlow cider deal. And one had the Meze plate + Hunter Kolsch. I can safely say this is the best meal I've had in a long time and the cider was fantastic! Being a local, I will 110% be back in the near future!

2  Thank Dee21713

Reviewed May 31, 2014

Went here for some drinks with friends - relaxing atmosphere, great beer selection! Definitely a homie place to go and shoot it with friends!

Would recommend

1  Thank USCalum
Reviewed May 11, 2014

The bartenders here are always keen to talk about the beer selections and give you a recommendation. Great place to actually have a conversation over dinner and a pint as there's no TVs blaring. Delicious delicious craft beer selections and the burgers are tasty. Becoming a regular here

1  Thank Tom B
Reviewed May 3, 2014

I've been here twice now and if I lived locally it would be a lot more often. My first visit was on NYE with my craft beer loving partner. I assumed it would be quite loud and a bit of a hipster bar. The front dining room is a lovely restaurant space and doesn't have a bar or hipster vibe and there is no shouting over loud music. We both had great meals, he appreciated the range of beer available and the service was fantastic.

I went again in late April with six family members who are hard to please. Everyone loved their meals and the service was once again friendly and prompt. Highly recommended.

1  Thank ohmiso
Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

Had a great night. The food and beer went down well. The chicken with Labna was delicious. Overall a very good night. Thanks Paul and gai for a great evening.

1  Thank debnkeith