“Very enjoyable stay”

Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Newcastle
Ormeau, Australia
“Very enjoyable stay”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I really enjoyed this hotel in New Lambton, Newcastle. I found the room clean and comfortable and had everything we required. We had a spa bath in our room which was an added bonus, and they also supplied beautiful Moton Brown ammenites (very nice). I found the staff extremely friendly on check in and checkout. We also went to the Wests club adjoined to the hotel which was equally as friendly and had some wonderful reasonably priced cafes, coffee shops, and restaurants. I highly recommend this hotel if in the Newcastle area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank vicki_kilroy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Reviewed May 19, 2014

I loved The Executive Inn I visited in May 2014. I have stayed there before a few times as it is close to Lizottes restaurant when I visit Newcastle. The rooms are clean, spacious and modern. I only stayed one night but was allowed to access Balance health Club on the day I arrived and on the day I left. It felt like a Health retreat with a swim in the pool and spa too. Wish time had have allowed a free Bike hire included too but there is so much to do in Newcastle...My only gripe is the $200 taken out of my account. I do not hold a credit card. Only a debit card and often only have enough funds in it for the week. I was assured the money would not be taken out but yes it does affect the balance in my account as it is just a debit card and I could easily been overdrawn. Be aware...It also takes all week to get it back . The management should give the option of a cash payment and drivers licence sight. Otherwise, excellent service and nil complaints :)

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Moss Vale
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Have been staying there twice a year for last 6 years.

Agree with one other review that it takes many days to get the $200 deposit re-credited to your a/c.

I offered to pay cash for the deposit and they would not accept it. They claimed that they aimed to be as much cash free as possible.
Find this very hard to accept in a club that has at least 6-7 restaurants, countless bars and 100's of poker machines.
This year we have moved the whole reunion to a city restaurant and most of us who used to stay at the Executive are now staying at the highly rated Junction Hotel which is also 20% cheaper.
Executive Hotel is like a rabbit warren, with small rooms out dated furniture and tiny TV's.
Most of us attending the reunion used to play for Wests Rugby League) -attached to the Executive, but have decided the Hotel and the attached club are much too greedy.
How many establishments can afford to lose patronage of 25 -30 people twice a year for accommodation, dining and drinks ?
Much too expensive for what is offered!

Room Tip: stayed there 10 times so far- never found one that over impressed me.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here on several occasions and it is always reliable. If it was not for work paying I would probably stay closer to Newcastle and in a place that offers better value.
The rooms are always clean and quiet but don't represent value.
I would agree that some staff need some lessons in proper hospitality etiquette.
Parking on a Saturday night can be crowded and often I have had to park on the street which is not ideal.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Beware people, they charge your credit card $200 upon check-in and it takes for ever for you to get the money back. Rooms can be pretty small and dark, and the TV screen in the main bedroom is so small that is basically impossible to watch! Foxtel channels do not work.
Avoid!!!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank GabVinyl
Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for a night for a sporting event, was really pleasantly surprised. Big room, clean, modern bathroom, everything you would need and expect.

Hotel is attached to the club, lots of food options, most of it deep fried!! There isn't much else in the area it's ok for one night. There is also a gym in the club.

We were on 3rd floor, only issue is the extractor fans pumped the smell of the greasy food into the room, it surprisingly didn't bother me much.

Nice resort style room too, get a poolside room, much better view!

• Stayed March 2014
Sydney
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Stayed overnight in a spa suite as was seeing a show at the entertainment centre. Arrived a little early but staff really helpful and completed all the formalities so as we could use the club facilities, then rang us as soon as the room was ready. They also booked a cab for us to take us to the entertainment centre later that evening. Room was lovely and comfortable, the champagne, strawberries and chocolates that were part of the package were all there along with a nice welcome letter.Breakfast buffet in the terrace was a good spot overlooking the pool, although it was included in our package I may have stopped short of paying the $22.50 a head in favour of a nice cafe with decent coffee if it had not been.Free undercover parking was good. My only criticism was no wifi in the room which is a major no no in my book especially juggling work commitments at the same time.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple