“Nice hotel and value for money”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Executive Inn

The Executive Inn
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Newcastle
collaroy
“Nice hotel and value for money”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Just came back from a short weekend trip to Executive Inn New Lampton (Next door to Wests Leagues).
The spa rooms - which have a balcony and look over the pool are very comfortable and value for money.
I am GF and DF so the breakfast menu did not allow for this however I was offered GF bread and poached eggs that were cooked on the spot for me - so thankyou for the hospitality.

There are many restaurants to choose from and special rates if you stay a Saturday night.
We did not use the pool area as it was a little chilly this weekend but my grand children stayed there a few months ago and enjoyed this area.
I rang up at short notice as we were only going to stay one night and the receptionist was very helpful and organised for us to stay for another night and then reduced the rate when we arrived.
Would recommend this hotel to anyone for a short stay or stop over while in Newcastle.
It is about 15 minutes from Newcastle and Charlestown so you will need a car for transport.

Room Tip: Ask for spa room overlooking the pool
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Where to start describing this pathetic excuse for a hotel.
My booking was stuffed up and we were given a different room to what we had booked online and what we required. Complained to uninterested and rude front desk staff, with no resolution.
It was Easter, so could not just go to another hotel. Asked to speak to manager on no less than 5 occasions, every time I was told he wasn't in but assured he would call me... it never happened.
This is either incompetence, arrogance or gutless. Regardless, it is just damn unprofessional.
Our room was not cleaned on the Saturday.
There were no parking spots available on the Saturday night.
On the Sunday they cleaned the room but they left us with no towels..
When I complained, instead of sending some to us, they told us to go to reception to get them for ourselves.
The coffee and milk were not replaced either.
The pool is cold and outdoors (no cover at all)
Couldn't get to sleep till late due to noisy drunks walking by our room at all hours and was woken up by noisy passing cars and trucks (over Easter... hate to think what it would be like mid-week)
Food in the club (downstairs) is dreadful, no matter which area you try, just tasteless and overpriced. There is no entertainment whatsoever in the place (just pokies) and again the staff are rude and lazy.
We found the General Roberts Hotel next door which has much better food and decent, friendly staff.
Stay away; this place is the absolute pits. You'd be better off sleeping in your car.

Room Tip: Avoid it like the plague
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Pananian06
Gosford, Australia
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We have been to this hotel a few times - we spent 3 nights here recently and didn't want to leave. Reception staff were great and the cleaning staff do a fantastic job. The rooms are very comfortable. There is a great selection of restaurants on site and the ones we tried (the bistro, Italian and Chinese restaurants) were all excellent. The pool area and gardens were a huge hit with our grand children.

Room Tip: We slept street-side and they are good rooms. I think pool-side rooms may be a little noisy
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Queensland, Australia
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Pros- Free internet, Free gym pass, alot of food options (near casino) comfortable stay
Cons - Hotel breakfast is average, Rooms were average. The bathroom is in the middle of a garden room so you walk in have a lounge area, then a small hallway, then the bedroom area. It was ok, just weird layout. Air Con worked well and I slept fine. I will probably stay here again for business as it was priced well, but the hotel wasn't super impressive by any means.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Sydney
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel a number of times over the years and most recently in the apartment style room. This room is ideal for a family of four as it has a separate living area and another attached room with a comfortable sofa bed for the children. In addition it also has a full functioning kitchen which was handy having my two young children with me. The bathroom is also very spacious.

The location is great if you have a car as the city centre and beaches is only a 10 minute drive. Without a car the location is isolated although there are busses into the city close to the hotel.
There are a number of restaurants to choose from attached to the hotel and there is a pharmacy close by as well.

The pool was a great hit with my four year old daughter and they have pool service as well. The pool is not very big but as long as it is not crowded is more than sufficient.

Overall I would recommend the apartment room to a family who needs space and a kitchen. The only issue is that there is only one of these rooms in the entire hotel.

• Stayed January 2013
Sydney
Reviewed February 3, 2013

It is a shame, overall a nice hotel but I agree they need to improve their pest control. The inn has feedback cards to provide positive and negative feedback. Please note if you give negative feedback, you are not supported by the inn. The staff are vague and very unhelpful. They do not care about their customers. Just some food for thought if you plan to stay their....

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Lilliy S
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

My family - husband and two sons 9 and 11 drove to Queensland over Christmas and stayed one night on our way over and 7 days later another night on the way back home. The complex was huge with about five restaurants, a food court and a gaming area and underground parking. Our room was great with two twin beds and a modern bathroom with huge double shower and lots of room. We were lucky enough to make dinner in the Italian restaurant without a reservation and the food was terrific and the staff very friendly, we really enjoyed the evening. After dinner, as we walked down the corridor to our room, we could hear lots of shouting and noise, sounded like a party!!! Walking closer to our room, we realised it was the people next door - this was about 10pm, we'd had a big day and needed our sleep!! I called the front desk and they called the noisy room to keep it down but the noise continued and they called us to check how it was a little later and I let them know it was still going on. They then sent a security guard who made some of the guests leave but we were still worried that they might start up again during the night so requested to be moved. They did this and moved us to another floor. The next time we stayed the boys had a little time to swim in the pool, and they just loved it! We were once again lucky enough to have dinner in the Chinese restaurant (the restaurants are very popular!) and had the best Chinese dinner ever!!! Staff were lovely and the food was delicious. Once back in the room we settled for a good night sleep, I got up to use the bathroom and not to wake the family did not turn the lights on, I heard a little scraping noise and turned the light on to see a great big cockroach running across the floor and into the shower! I ran back to bed and tried to sleep but had to wake my husband to deal with it because as long as it was in the room I couldn't sleep! Deal with it he did and it took a while for me to sleep after that. I told the front desk about it in the morning and the young lady said "yuck, sorry" but there was no follow up. The restaurants were the best part of the hotel, I think we will try another hotel if we're in the area again.

• Stayed December 2012