The Executive Inn
Quality Hotel Noah's On the Beach(Newcastle)(Great Value!)
$121
$114
Clarendon Hotel(Newcastle)(Great Value!)
$99
  • Restaurant
The Gateway Inn(Newcastle)(Great Value!)
$124
Novotel Newcastle Beach(Newcastle)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
$98
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
  • Fitness center
Boulevard on Beaumont Apartments(Newcastle)(Great Value!)
$100
$87
$141
$137
  • Pool
  • Fitness center
The Premier Hotel(Newcastle)(Great Value!)
$79
$76
  • Restaurant
All reviewsleagues clubgarden roomthe mexican restaurantstayed herespa suitepool areachocolate barfree undercover parkingadjoining clubclub facilitiestwin roomeating optionsfull buffetbuffet breakfastgreat place to staygreat nightrooms are great
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Stayed for my friends 30th.
Decided to have a spa and when the tap was turned up the top flew off!
Bathroom flooded with boiling water and when we called for assistance the staff came up, had a look, and then dissapeared!
Upon my friend calling them to ask where they were and what they were doing, as the towels we put down were barely keeping the hot water out of the main room, staff hung up on her!
In the meantime my poor partner who is a handyman burnt his hand screwing the tap back down.
The staff then returned with two bouncers! Only then did they offer to provide us with another room, a bit too late to offer as the damage had been done.
Had the staff had any sense they would have turned the water off at the mains!
Upon requesting compensation for the hell they put us through they had the nerve to accuse us of taking the tap off ourselves as we had had a few celebration drinks. They rudely stated "You would be suprised what people can do when they're drunk."
As my handyman partner told them, you need special tools to undo the tap, they hadn't been re-seated properly!
Would not reccommend staying to anyone!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Catherine D
Reviewed August 17, 2011

I could not believe when we arrived to book in, the girls were not that friendly, the shower was over the bath and was so high to step into. I have a slight disability and this was so hard with no non slip in the bath. We would have thought it should have standard showers. The lift from the foyer was not working and we were not offered a trolley to take our bags up on. When we did get to our room it was a mission to come back down. We had to go either to the car park or down a life and then 2 flights of stairs which is impossible for me. Then getting up is worse. I would have like to had just been told this before we booked in as it would have sent me to the Black Butt which is a revamped hotel, small rooms but excellent. My daughter stayed there.

Room Tip: Needs a good make over for the price.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mary255059
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Slightly off the beaten track (well away from the centre of Newcastle), this is nevertheless one of the better places to stay while on business. Very friendly and efficient staff; clean and well maintained rooms and reasonably priced by Newcastle standards. I have stayed at most of the hotels in Newcastle and prefer this one for business. I would not consider it for a pleasure trip (go to Noah’s on the Beach).

The Executive Inn is part of the Wests (Leagues) Club, this means there are many bars and restaurants available in the directly connected club (mostly lacking any ambiance). The local area has some good restaurants – especially the Indian (Gandha’s).

The only negative is the coffee at breakfast – very much American style breakfast coffee (coloured water!). The breakfast is relatively expensive so a better bet is to go to a local café.

Room Tip: Outward facing rooms are better - quieter and more private.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank SWKA
Reviewed July 12, 2011

I've stayed a lot in Newcastle for work and have tried a lot of different places: from hotels to B&Bs. Basically the town is pretty expensive and accommodation isn't great.

The Executive Inn is definitely the pick of all the places I've stayed and I ended up staying there quite a lot - this was certainly the best value for money option I found.

Rooms are spacious and comfortable, service is good, the free wifi was a plus and there are plenty of eating options in the Wests Club that is attached to the hotel.

I always appreciated the fact that parking is free and there is a good gym in the Club that you can use free of charge. The swimming pool looks good too, although I never used it.

Room Tip: Don't bother booking online - call the hotel directly for the best prices and availability.
  • Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank aimoverseas
Reviewed July 12, 2011

Nice & clean, staff friendly & helpful except when directions asked, admittedly most of the confusion was the main foyer lift is out of action for six weeks, old signage still up though, access in those directions are only stairs. Our advise if you have difficulty with mobility ask for 1st floor or easy access room until lift is renewed. So much walking to access club area and in that area they really do need more signage or staff need to know where lifts and escalators are. We stayed in Garden room ( well garden is green bushes and looking over old homes), bathtub is high to step into for showers but overall nice place, we will be back but not until lift is fixed. Really good size rooms. I think discount rates should be given whilst lift is out of action as you have to go into the cold car park outdoors to access foyer & club unless you can handle stairs. Classed this as average though will reassess when we visit with lift working. Pools are not heated very much either still quite cool needs heating more.

Room Tip: as per review easy access room whilst lift being fixed if you are not very mobile as it is a long walk from car park lift to Foyer
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple