“Closest accommodation to Newcastle Knights Football Stadium”
Review of The Executive Inn

The Executive Inn
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Newcastle
Muswellbrook
“Closest accommodation to Newcastle Knights Football Stadium”
Reviewed June 21, 2011

We stayed here so my Husband and son could go to the football game at Knights Stadium and were delighted with the facilities and location.
There were throngs of football supporters parking near the hotel and walking to the stadium and even in the rain, it was a short, easy walk. My daughter and I stayed in and visited the chocolate bar inside wests leagues club (which was a bit tricky to find, its upstairs from the food court) but there were plenty of food choices in the club even with a 4 year old in tow.
Apparently the pool is very nice, but as it rained the entire time we were there i couldnt confirm that. It certainly looked nice from the glass elevator!
One last plug for this hotel is that the sofa bed (where the kids slept) and the main bed are in opposite ends of the suite (door to divide) and have SEPARATE TV'S!!! We will stay here again, and next time I'll review the babysitting service so hubby and i can go to the club by ourselves!

Room Tip: The cheapest rooms have 2 separate sleeping areas
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank lindaprior

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed April 27, 2011

The twin room has 2 queen beds, enough for a family of four. Clean and spacious, however, the outside hallway needs a good vacuum. Very convenient with free undercover parking, direct access to West Leagues Club next door. No need to drive to a restaurant after a long day out, just walk over to the club. Very quiet at night !

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank VT88
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed April 21, 2011

I was lucky enough to stay at The Executive Inn on their Easter Special rate. I must say I was very pleasantly surprised. I stayed in one of the Garden Rooms and it was fantastic for me with my two children. They had a sofa that turned into a bed with their own TV and I had a Queen bed with my own TV and we could close the door off between us if we wanted. The bathroom was nice and modern, but take your own hairdryer, the ones supplied are pretty useless. The pool area is absolutely beautiful, the breakfast buffet fantastic and the club next door was sure a bonus for our stay, every staff member in the club was very nice and helpful and obliging. There is secure underground parking with a lift direct to your floor. The rooms were cleaned every day, the housekeeping staff were lovely. Some of the girls on reception could have been nicer and more pleasant and welcoming, but overall it was fantastic for us, we will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank leemacdee
Port Macquarie
Reviewed March 25, 2011

When I arrived, the staff were not sure if the room was cleaned. I was upgraded to a spa room as the previous room I had booked had a maintenance issue. When I arrived to the room (i was told the room was cleaned) I went to make a cuppa, when I opened the fridge door and found a dirty plate, dirty bowl, and half used milk. When I rang reception, I was asked, "Do you want me to take the plates out". I feel it should have been, "I will take the plates out". I said no as it was late and I was tired. In the morning, when I sat at the table, sticky clear (like honey) was all over the table. When I checked out, I explained the above and received a sorry and no discount which i asked for. This is poor quality for a 4 star hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed March 8, 2011

The Executive Inn exceeded my expectations as soon as I walked into the door. My room was as advertised. I was lucky too get a great rate online, even though the rooms are great I think they could be a little bit cheaper. The restaurant was very busy which was good to see and the food did not take too long. I will be back.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Sydney
Reviewed February 27, 2011

I cant say enough good things about the hotel receptionist that checked me in he couldnt be more heolpfull I was very please as I travel alot and do not get the kind of Sevice that he provided.

I like the Terrace rooms they are big but not too big for a Business traveller, the only complain that I have is Please Spray the rooms with Insect Spray on regular basis I have a fear of Insects such as cochroaches!!! I was in the bathroom & saw a healthy one there was very scared & closed the room behind me.. I rang reception at night and the same guy that had checked me in came up to kill the scary thing... :( I just hate them and dont know why hotels like this cant spend more money on regular maintanance!!!! Otherwise happy with the place... Good value for money

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed November 18, 2010

We travel a lot for business but this time stayed close to home for a short break. When we looked at offers we couldn't go past the Terrace Spa Suite at The Executive Inn. The rooms are stunning. The shower ISN'T over the bath....I love that!!!

I stretched out in the spa, they'd left me a whole bowl of the most yummy strawberries and some chocolates. When my husband wanted to join me I nearly said NO WAY...but finally relented...it was a big bowl of strawberries.

We had dinner in a delightful restaurant 'Hobarts'. Its just so romantic and you may need to ask for directions but its worth it. I had a champagne cocktail then the degustation dinner (only available on Friday nights they said). The food fabulous but you will be surprised by the outstanding service.

Back to a comfortable bed, yummy breakfast overlooking the stunning heated pools.....we will be back Wests.....thanks so much for a great night!!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple