“Talking you way out of situations that you behaved yourself into”

Jesmond Executive Villas
Ranked #19 of 23 Hotels in Newcastle
Reviewed December 27, 2013

The first unit we were booked into was filthy. The second was better however again cleanliness and maintenance were issues. You don't get what is advertised and reception tells you what you want to hear which really has little to do with the truth. Would advise you never stay in these units they are disgusting and after reading reviews nothing is changing.

Room Tip: Go to another accommodation provider
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Rob B
Manager-Matthias, Guest Relations Manager at Jesmond Executive Villas, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

We are unsure of the feedback you have provided. We do value our customers feedback and have been pleased with all the positive reviews we have recieved prior to yours. Our staff are always honest and polite and 'we are unsure what you mean by "telling you what you want to hear." Please feel free to send us an email at res@jev.com.au, with some specifics about your issues with cleanliness and we will do our best to respond and pass the feedback onto our housekeeping staff.

There are newer reviews for Jesmond Executive Villas

Reviewed November 27, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for three nights a couple of weeks back and had a lovely stay. Having read some of the reviews, we weren't expecting much and were pleasantly surprised when we got to our room.

We stayed in a Spa One bed Apartment. It was spotlessly clean, well appointed and the staff were friendly and helpful.

We made use of the BBQ area and used the pool. It has a really convenient location near the shopping centre and there is Hotel across the road. A short, 10 minute taxi ride and we were in Newcastle.

I would happily stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager-Matthias, Guest Relations Manager at Jesmond Executive Villas, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a positive review. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

I had read some of the reviews, and was pleasantly surprised to find myself at a beautifully appointed, efficiently run complex. I travel frequently for work, and am often at the mercy of the booking agent. This place is a total winner. Modern, clean, easy access to shops across the road, wonderful reception. I actually chose to stay an extra night, as I had a say off. I would certain opt to come here again.

Room Tip: This place is on a main road, so a room toward the back is quieter
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Manager-Matthias, Guest Relations Manager at Jesmond Executive Villas, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Thankyou so much for taking the time to write such a positive review. We really appreciate it and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Myself and my husband have just spent two nights in one of the spa apartments. I rang up on the Friday night before booking to ask if the bush fires were affecting the area. I was very impressed with the service I got over the phone. When we arrived earlier than we planned on Sunday afternoon we were greeted by a very friendly guy at the desk who answered our questions and explained exactly where our villa was located.
After opening the door to the villa both myself and my husband were very impressed with all areas of the villas. The bathroom and kitchen was very clean and just as described in wotif and your website. Our room was everything we wanted. And the pool/spa was just beautiful.
As we were getting ready to leave I had the pleasure of meeting the cleaner as she was cleaning the room beside ours. She was very friendly and helpful as we were enquiring about the two bedroom apartments. She went out of way to quickly show me around the room she was cleaning.
My husband and I will be returning with our two children in the near future due to the service and friendly staff that we got during our visit. I have also told a lot of our friends about our stay as well as posting photos in Facebook. Many of these friends have asked for the name and phone number as they too are interested in staying at your villas.
Thank you very much to all of the staff for making mine and my husband's break with you a stress free and enjoyable pleasant one.

• Stayed: October 2013
Manager-Matthias, Guest Relations Manager at Jesmond Executive Villas, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2013

Thank you so much for posting such a lovely review. We are so glad that you had a wonderful stay with us, that is always our aim. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

We were in room 62. Dirty room, fridge door, cupboard doors, lounge chairs none had been cleaned. The bed sheets were dirty and tiny plastic satchel that had white power residue in it which was in the bed. The room needs a really good clean. The only shining light was the beautiful cleaner who came and cleaned the bedroom once asked by reception, at 6pm at night. Sorry it really is that bad. Perhaps the rest of the villas were ok, this room was not.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Deb W
Manager-Matthias, Guest Relations Manager at Jesmond Executive Villas, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

We are very sorry for this experience. This room was missed on the cleaning schedule on this day and one of our cleaners did the best she could to rectify the situation in the evening. This room is one of our budget 1 bedroom apartments, however the cleanliness standard was unacceptable and is certainly not the norm.
We would like to advise our future guests that these guests were offered a full refund for their room and our sincere apologies.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

We stayed 3 nights in a one bedroom apartment with spa. The front reception staff were very helpful and friendly. The kitchen facilities were good although we didn't cook, but very handy for diy breakfasts. The room was very clean and well equipped. On a busy Friday night though, we were still able to find a park at 11.30pm. Very convenient to Jesmond shops across the road. A small courtyard with table at the front door of the apartment was very handy. The only negative would be that I agree with another review that the TV was placed way too high to watch comfortably from the low sofa, and our "king" bed was 2 singles pushed together.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Matthias_Kocher, Guest Relations Manager at Jesmond Executive Villas, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review and thanks for your feedback.
We look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us again.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

My mum booked a studio apartment for myself & my partner as she was also staying there. I looked up reviews as I do & found many poor reviews. I really can't understand why people have complained about this business. I travel Australia wide with my dogs & am away most weekends & am always trying to findcheap accommodation. The room was $99.00 pernight, dogs were allowed on the tiled areas although mine have their own crates, the bed was comfortable & everything worked as expected. Parking was tight but unless you simply can't drive I can't see why you would have any difficulty (it was booked out so there were cars everywhere & we still had no issues) the only thing I didn't like was the bathroom sink but that was purely me being picky! It was extremely quiet. My mums room was much the same, quiet, clean & comfortable. My only issue was getting out of the driveway as the speed limit is 70km/h & its on a bend. This is a council issue. Being that we usually camp when in Newcastle at the dog grounds I will from now on be paying the $99.00 per night to stay at Jesmond as it is money very well spend for a comfortable stay. Only thing I would like to see more of is a bigger grassed area for the dogs.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Amy W

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review. We try our best to provide excellent accommodation and service at affordable prices and find it rewarding to hear when one of our valued guests has enjoyed their stay. For future stays we have the large Jesmond Park right next door which is great for the dogs to have a run.
We look forward to welcoming you back.