Jesmond Executive Villas
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Quality Hotel Noah's On the Beach(Newcastle)(Great Value!)
$111
  • Restaurant
Novotel Newcastle Beach(Newcastle)(Great Value!)
$149
  • Fitness center
Rydges Newcastle(Newcastle)(Great Value!)
$161
  • Restaurant
The Gateway Inn(Newcastle)(Great Value!)
$121
The Executive Inn(Newcastle)(Great Value!)
$114
Travelocity
  • Fitness center
Merewether Motel(Newcastle)
TripAdvisor
All reviewshungry jacksshopping centreacross the roadstudio apartmentbbq areafully equipped kitchenjohn hunter hospitalroad noisestayed one nightbroomaldipub
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We stayed at the Jesmond Executive Villas for two nights in a deluxe one bedroom spa room. Check-in was efficient although our request for twin beds had not been noted. They quickly changed the configuration of our room when this was noticed. There was only one bedside table and bedside light.
The apartment was spotless with a modern kitchenette (no dishwasher), large flat-screen TV and air conditioning. It was on an upper floor and had an outside porch with table and chairs.
We could certainly hear the traffic from the busy road outside but it was not too disruptive.

The villas are about 1/4 hour from Newcastle's Honeysuckle Drive with its restaurants and bars. One problem with the villa's location is that you cannot turn right out of the drive in order to go to Newcastle. The road is busy and you have to turn left and then do a U-turn at a roundabout. This is not really a problem except at morning peak hour.

On the whole good value, and I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter. The second story apartments have a bit of a view.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Matthias_Kocher, Guest Relations Manager at Jesmond Executive Villas, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Thankyou for taking the time to write such a positive review. We do not claim to be situated in central Newcastle, however we are just a 10 minute drive into Honeysuckle, Newcastle Beach and Darby street and only 2 mins from the University and about 5 mins from John Hunter hospital. We are also only about 5 mins from the freeway which makes us an excellect option for people making their way up or down the coast. We do have accomodation affiliates located in Honeysuckle and Darby street so please ask us when you make your reservation if you would like to be situated closer to the city.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

The apartments were well appointed, clean and with modern decor. Could not fault the presentation of the room. However two significant negatives mean I have no plans to go back:
1. The staff were unwelcoming. On arrival in reception there was not greeting and we left to stand there until the staff decided to serve us. Once the key was given no niceties were provided about check out etc.... Just a sheet of paper provided. Good service isn't hard to provide no matter the price of the accommodation; and
2. The room was incredibly noisy, being next to the main road with NO sound proofing. It is the worse next sleep had for a number of years.

If you can sleep through anything these apartments would be fine but if you value a peaceful nights sleep I would recommend trying somewhere else.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank KjF2013Oz

Thankyou for you feedback. Firstly I'm sorry that you had an unpleasant experience with our staff. I assure you that this is not general practice, and we always try to make sure that our guests feel welcome and are given all the information they need. We have made the staff aware of this feedback to ensure it is not repeated. Secondly, we are situated on a main road, however the apartments are built inwards so that only a few are situated right at the front. These front villas have been fitted with double glazing in order to minimise noise. We will always do our best to move guests who are unhappy when we have other rooms available.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Stayed there for one night - Clean/ Modern furnishings.
Lots of complementary parking.
Aircon only in the living area meant that I had to keep the bedroom door open - worked well though.
Great value for money.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thankyou for taking the time to write such a positive review. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Nice apartments, staff accommodating. They need to check a few things. Air con in first room kept turning off so I was moved to another room, but next morning no hot water for shower. However I have stayed there before and was given a reasonable discount for my two nights. Rooms are modern and clean with towels soap, tea coffee etc all supplied. If booking I suggest you check and make sure not in the old part...most of all I find the price very reasonable for what you get, not far from city, close to shopping centre and some fast food restaurants, pub etc. I have taxed at several places in newcatle much higher priced but dumps in comparison. L

Room Tip: No restaurant or gym but has pool and nice BBQ area. More for short term stay
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed March 6, 2013

I stayed at the Jesmond Executive Villa's for just over a month (during weekdays only) - I had exposure to many different types of Villa's that the complex in Jesmond had to offer. From the studio, to the spa rooms, and all that was in between.

+Each room was extremely tidy, well furnished and well kept. The features of the rooms is brilliant for the price.

+The location is brilliant, having great access to both the Newcastle CBD, and then out to the F3. Not to mention the brilliant access to shopping outlets, fast food outlets and a very reputable hotel/pub/restaurant (all within 2-5mins walking distance!)

The only minor negative I have about the villa's was the parking, it was quite congested and I found myself parking in the seperate driveway (studio villa) parking spots for guests, because it was physically impossible for me to park in the same area as my apartment. That is the only thing for me, stopping this from getting 5* as it wasn't such a huge effort for me to walk, but for some people I imagine this would be a real issue.

HAVE RECOMMENDED THIS PLACE TO ANYONE ASKING ABOUT NEWCASTLE & WOULD DEFINITELY USE YOUR SERVICES AGAIN :)

I also got upgraded to the Honeysuckle apartments for my last week (which happened to be the week of my birthday) which just put the icing on the cake for me :) Fantastic company and very reliable/clean/friendly service!!!

Room Tip: There is three driveways for this complex - Villa's in the first driveway (from Newcastle) feel more homelike and the parking was generally not a problem. Villa's in the second driveway (from Newcastle) (main entrance) were still of great quality but the parking is near impossible to negotiate. Top floor villa's are probably most recommended. Villa's in the third (last driveway from Newcastle) are the best for parking - they are not as home-feeling or warm - but they are very spacious, and mine had a spa! Superb facilities.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

Thankyou for taking the time to write such a wonderful and positive review. Our only response to the parking is that we do not like to allocate parking per villa as some people come in groups and have multiple vehicles. There is plenty of parking available and we never have a problem accomodating our guests with secure off street parking. We look forward to welcoming you back.