“Exceeded all our expectations, wow!!”

Jesmond Executive Villas
Ranked #19 of 23 Hotels in Newcastle
Reviewed August 9, 2012

My wife and I booked two nights accomodation as we were coming to Newcastle to attend a funeral. We had looked at reviews which were mixed, but the location was best for us. When we arrived and saw our King Spa room our first impression was WOW. From the modern decor to the quality inclusions it is all first class. We have stayed in 5 star hotels in capital cities that weren't as good as this. We would not hesitate to recommend to anyone and will definately stay when coming again to Newcastle.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are very quiet
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Matthias_Kocher, Manager at Jesmond Executive Villas, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2012

Dear Peter

Thank you for your kind words. We are extremely delighted to hear that we more than meet your expectations. The Jesmond Executive Villas has the motto of People Looking After People. It is most satisfying for our staff to read your review as I am personally aware that our staff work extremely hard at delivering a high level of service to our guests.

We look forward to providing our friendly hospitality the next time you visit Newcastle.

Kind Regards
Matthias Kocher
Manager

There are newer reviews for Jesmond Executive Villas

Reviewed July 28, 2012

We found the room to be clean,well laid out,as my husband is blind he found it quite easy to move about.We were more than comfortable for the night.Thought the room divider was an excellent idea.The kitchen was very well equipped,would think it would not be to hard to stay for anything unto a week and fix your own meals.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Olga P
Matthias_Kocher, General Manager at Jesmond Executive Villas, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2012

Dear Olga,

Thank you for your feedback. I'm very pleased to hear that you had a comfortable stay at Jesmond. Our apartments have been designed and furnished to accommodate the needs of all our guests and it's great to hear that your husband was able to move around with ease.

Jesmond Executive Apartments are also conveniently located close to shops, restaurants, cafes and takeaway, so you can easily cook your own meals in our fully equipped kitchen or grab a bite to eat after a long day.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again if you are ever in Newcastle again. We look forward to welcoming you back at Jesmond.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights in a studio room during the month of June 2012, tucked away down the back but was quite new, had separate toilet and shower nice kichenette with everything to cook with and great fridge nice and close to shopping center across the road and we had great chinese at the pub across the road best prawn omelete ever and fast service.We found parking easy and no problem although we were there on a Mon,Tue,Wed nights.Reception were helpful and gave our room to us efficiently and we found the cleaners who were new very helpful and pleasant.Overall we had a nice stay the tv was big and had a few stations except Fox sports so could not watch the League,the only complaint I had was the room had a stinky smoke smell like the people before had smoked inside the studio...

Room Tip: Rooms down the back are newer than the front rooms.Rooms above the pool very nice and sunny.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank morehu
Matthias_Kocher, General Manager at Jesmond Executive Villas, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2012

Dear Morehu,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We really appreciate any feedback as this ensures that we can continue to provide great customer service and apartments.

All our apartments offer Fox sports as part of the package on our TVs. I apologise that you were not able to access this. I'm pleased to hear that you didn't have a problem finding a carpark, as we have recently added extra car parking for this particular problem. I sincerely apologise for the smokey smell in the apartments. All our apartments are non smoking, and are tiled to help reduce smells, but unfortunately in some cases, we may get guests who break the rules.

Thank you also for your kind words about our staff. I will be sure to pass your feedback onto them.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Jesmond Executive Villas and Newcastle soon.

Matthias.

Reviewed June 9, 2012

Stayed in May in a one bedroom spa. Very clean room. Enjoyed the spa, very relaxing. And very comfortable main bed, but sofa mattress was a bit lumpy and hard. Parking was very hard. Good value for money. Close to everything and easy to find. Quiet. Staff very pleasant and obliging. We stayed a couple of nights, and once home realised we had left some luggage. The staff were very nice and we received our luggage within the week.

Dear Kez,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Jesmond Executive Villas. I'm very pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and you had time to use the spa. I will be sure to pass your feedback about our customer service onto our staff. I apologise that you found carparking difficult, but we have added additional car parking spaces to the property now, which has made a massive difference to the car parking situation.

I look forward to welcoming you to Jesmond Executive Villas again soon.

Reviewed May 31, 2012

Stayed here May, as close to Hospital.Booked and requested a twin, as I was staying with my father. at $150 a night was expecting something reasonable. Arrived to find ourselves in a room with a double bed. Was "upgraded" to a 2 bedroom appartment.Looked good on first impression.Put dad in the spa as it had been a long drive.2 foot step down into the spa, which is also the shower. I had to adjust it as the jets would'nt work, which turned out to be that they were blocked with hair and dead skin cells..He came out in less than 5 minutes, saying it was horrible.I went in and the water was putrid, the smell was so bad we had to leave the exhaust fan on for our whole stay.The Lounge facing the tv was hard to sit on (It was the divan) so we swapped the lounges around. The food and filth underneath the lounges was just unbelievable- as was what was behind the cushions.Under the beds, and the floor tiles throughout were visibly dusty with added hair.The hotplates in the kitchen kept turning on for no reason and the kitchen sink leaked into the cupboard below.The kitchen itself was woefully equiped.
On complaining to the manager he just said Oh not another room.Well.. how about a clean room...how about a standard of fittings and maintenance that reflects the price you are demanding? How about a refund and at least a cleaner.Not good enough.No effort to make amends, just didn't care. I was embarrassed to have taken my father to these appartments.We spent as little time there as was possible and were extremly uncomfortable.Shame good location, but avoid at all costs.NOT like the photo's.

5  Thank rpatt p

Dear rpatt,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We greatly appreciate any feedback as it will help us continuously improve our products and services.

I am distressed to hear of the issues you encountered and have taken steps to rectify it. We have attended to all the maintenance issues you have mentioned and we have now engaged the services of a new cleaning company that specialises in the cleaning of hospitals. We have also put in place a spa bath cleaning procedure to ensure this does not happen again.

I am very sorry that you left with a negative impression of our villas and I regret that we did not meet your expectations. I hope that you will return again soon and give us another try.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

We stayed in a two bedroom spa villa. Everything seemed new. We were lucky our villa was spotless. The staff were lovely. The bed was very comfortable.It was very quiet and there was plenty of car parking for our three vehicles. The cleaners did not seem very friendly. Take care exiting the property. Our friends were also very happy with the overall experience and would go there again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Lyn,

Thank you for your kind words and review. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I sincerely apologise if the cleaners did not seem friendly. We have since engaged the services of another cleaning company to ensure that the presentation and cleanliness of the apartments are kept to the highest standards.

We look forward to welcoming you to Jesmond Executive Villas again soon.

Matthias.

Reviewed May 16, 2012

I was grateful to find there was a room available late in the evening. So I can't complain as there was a clean bed, a hot shower, and if I had wanted kitchen, TV etc, it was all there.
I found the person in reception helpful and efficient.
The parking in the neighbouring driveway was indeed horrendous, even in a Corolla!
However as a place to rest up for the night it was quite satisfactory.

Dear gottalovehols,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback. I appreciate the time you have taken to review your stay at Jesmond Executive Villas as this will help us to improve our customer service in the future. Thank you also for your kind words about our reception. I will pass this feedback to her.

I sincerely apologise for the lack of car parks on the property, but we have just recently added an additional 9 car parking spaces. I can assure you on your next visit you will see an improvement.