“Dinner for two”

Ranked #65 of 573 Restaurants in Newcastle
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

Impressive wine list. Excellent food and great service. Very relaxed. Great decor. We shared sourdough and beef fillet, then finished with a trio of deserts. Will definitely come back.

3  Thank BobandLeanne
There are newer reviews for Reserve Wine Bar

Reviewed December 6, 2013

A well designed space with an impressive wine list.
A great plus for Newcastle
Food and wine reasonably priced

2  Thank KymB0711
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Popped in here for a quick glass of bubbles only.
Venue and decor very nice.
Service was also very attentive considering we somehow slipped passed the maitre d' and found ourselves a table, yet we were spotted by the waitstaff and quickly offered a menu and water. Being a wine bar they obviously have and extensive wine menu which looked impressive.
The food.. we will come back for another day.

1  Thank Scottiehere
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Here's a bit of a mish-mash review of my thoughts..
Nice and clean layout, well lit and good attention to detail, however it lacked alot of character i felt for a wine bar in such a nice building.. its a new place so it might be a progressive thing, however it would of been nice to see some more artwork, or wine art or something on the walls. the wine bottle wall behind bar/kitchen was a cool effect. wine list was comprehensive and features some nice wines. Service was very attentive and excellent.
atmosphere was also pretty good, good mix of people with an intimate feel, yet there was still something bland about it for me..
We had the sharing plates which were tiny. it lacked flavor, none of them excited my taste buds at all.our duck sliders were not what i was expecting.. the buns used were the frozen variety and were dried out and tasteless. a little bland in flavor too.

nice spot for an evening drink, got to say i was a bit disappointed considering the rave reviews.. Didn't really see what the big deal was all about. in saying that, worth a look for a pre dinner wine and if you want good service. The guys are trying hard, ill give them that. i hope it works for them.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

A fantastic atmosphere, great staff, fantastic food and of course: wonderful wine!

It was a little daunting heading to a place that I had been told was serious about their wine - I'm not very knowledgable on wines, and couldn't tell you the difference between a red and a white...

We arrived to welcoming staff who were super helpful and knowledgable without appearing to be pretentious or "wine snobs".

The lady who looked after us was lovely and asked about the sorts of things we liked in a wine - she went the extra mile in helping to pick something when I mentioned I had no idea on wines.

The wine she picked was the perfect accomaniment to out meals.

The meals - WOW! For a place that claims to not be a restaurant, but a wine bar that happens to sell food, the food is second to none - easily one of the best places I've eaten, in Newcastle, and everywhere else I've travelled!

All of this great food, wine and service is wrapped up in a great little atmosphere - I'll deinitely be back! I can see this becoming one of my local favourites!

1  Thank FiverACT