“Excellent”

Ranked #13 of 22 Hotels in Newcastle
Sydney, Australia
“Excellent”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Friendly and helpful staff upon checking in. They needed to double check that I booked the red hot deal, but that was done efficiently. Rooms were very comfortable with a decent view. Food was very good in the restaurant for breakfast.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Megan S, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Newcastle, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear Matthew R,

Thank you for a fantastic review.

We appreciate all feedback & I'll be sure to pass on your great comments to the teams involved. We will continue to work on our customer service to exceed your expectations in the future.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Travelodge Newcastle soon.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Narrabri, N.s.w. Australia
Reviewed July 16, 2014

to all staff and mangers KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK, our experience with you was great and we would stay with you again, the room was warm and comfortable we had a good night sleep, room service was great as we had a long drive to you and did not want to go out any where,

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Megan S, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Newcastle, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear Alison P,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a glowing review for us. Our aim as managers is to train our team to go above & beyond as well as work with our owners to keep the hotel fresh. You will be pleased to hear we are updating our bathrooms next week with stone top vanities, new basins & tapware, the hotel will also be undergoing a refurbishment in our Lobby & Bar area in the next few months which I'm very excited about so next time you visit you will notice some changes.

Thank you again & I look forward to your next visit & feedback.

Berowra Heights
Reviewed July 15, 2014

I was very satisfied with the overall experience. The room was tidy and comfortable, the staff were polite and the location was suitable for both work and entertainment. I stay here regularly for work and would not change.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Dear Timothy H,

Thank you for posting a positive review for us. I was glad to read you enjoyed your stay & would return in the future. We strive to give great customer service & the fact that you will return must mean we are doing it right.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Travelodge Newcastle.

Neutral Bay
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Great value room and excellent service. Room was clean and a good size. Decor was fresh and modern. Good position for getting around town. Parking not included in room cost. Food cost was very reasonable.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Melissa S,

Thank you for your review on Travelodge Newcastle. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay. I hope that you will recommend us & stay with us again in the future.

Sa
Reviewed July 14, 2014

This hotel was average, the rooms looks dated and the bathroom needed a good clean (floor looked like it hadnt been mopped in some time). The office staff did forget to give us our 3rd towel and bedding which meant I had to go downstairs to collect it.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Dear Leanne N,

Thank you for your review. On this occasion it seems we have let you down in our service & product, and for this I do apologise. I will most certainly discuss these issues with our housekeeping & maintenance team.

I hope you will give us another try in the future.

Victoria
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Pleasant enough place, food OK but $15/night for parking is a major rip off! Room was clean and well serviced but check your bill, there were items on the bill from the mini-bar that I did not use. I would have said OK value for money if not for the parking fee and the bad taste left by the min-bar items which I did not use. At least check out staff believed me and did not charge for them.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Dear GregM,

Thank you for your review, we take all feedback seriously & discuss actions to rectify & improve our service. I was glad to read that the room was clean & serviced well. I apologise the minibar was tracked incorrectly on this occasion, it is a job that is done manually in every room everyday so sometimes mistakes do happen, by the sounds of it our reception team handled it well.
I understand your comment about the parking however this is not uncommon & the most other hotels in Newcastle charge more than Travelodge. I do take your feedback on board.

I hope you will try other Travelodge Hotels in the future.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed July 13, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a 4-day conference that coincided with uni games. My room was right next to a group of very happy and loud students. Not only could I hear the students through my shut door, so did the reception when I called in despair! I decided not to complain as the patrons were entitled to be happy, except the lousy doors weren't sound proof.

My room was really spacious with king bed and foldout even though I requested a single. I didn't like the cramp toilet with the door that hits the toilet sit. The wardrobe does not have doors.

I didn't have milk on the first night. The bar items were pricey, like $6 for instant noodles.

Coles and Woolworths are across the street. Large roast chickens were going for $9.

The hotel's Sienna cafe was Ok. I paid over $30 for chicken and chips with buttered beans. The salmon special I had on the first night was too small. I was still hungry after the meal. The meals were well cooked. I opted out of breakfast at the hotel as a nice McDonald Cafe is just a few minutes away.

Room Tip: Don't use this hotel when packed with young people on uni holidays if you after a good night sle...