“Great Stay”

Ranked #13 of 22 Hotels in Newcastle
Perth, Australia
“Great Stay”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I dont usually stay at the Travelodge chain but is was a busy Weekend in Newcastle [special olympics] and we had no choice.
What a great surprise.!!
The Staff were so friendly and helpful.
The rooms were spacious clean and bright.
I would not hesitate to stay there again
Thanks Travelodge

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Megan S, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Newcastle, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear Jon,

Thank you for taking the time to post your positive feedback. We are delighted to have exceeded your expectations. Our team pride themselves on providing exceptional customer service, and it’s great to hear that you found our rooms clean and comfortable. Your comments will certainly be passed onto the front office & housekeeping teams.
We hope to have changed your mind about staying at Travelodge Hotels in the future & we hope to welcome you back to Newcastle soon.

+61 2 4926 3777

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I would recommend going to the Travelodge Newcastle, the staff are so friendly and helpful, we had locked our keys in the car, the staff were excellant, they reassured us, they called NRMA and in no time our stress had turned in to relief, they were so patient and pleasant. As for the accommodation the rooms were 5 star!! We will be returning there again, thank you for your superior customer services.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Megan S, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Newcastle, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear Tracey B,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your glowing review! It’s great to read that you enjoyed your stay in our comfortable rooms, and that the team made you feel relaxed and welcome in what was a stressful time for you. I will be sure to pass on your compliments to everyone involved. It’s always very encouraging for the team to hear that their efforts are appreciated, so thank you once again. We look forward to welcoming you back to Travelodge Newcastle soon!
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Had a room on the road side and all I could hear was the continuous traffic.
To add to my discomfort, the room was not clean. I found hair in the shower and soap residue in the bath. The cupboard where the glasses were stored had hair and dust on the shelf, and the display coushins smelt like a dirty old man.
On the positive side, the bed was clean enough to sleep in.
Will not be coming back again

• Stayed November 2013
Megan S, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Newcastle, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Dear ARJ0209,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback following your recent stay with us.
I’m very sorry that your room was not cleaned to our usually high standard. We have let you down on this occasion, and I will ensure that this is followed up with our housekeeping manager & team.
I am sorry for the noise you experienced during your stay. Unfortunately the street noise is somewhat out of our control, as we are located in a busy part of the city. We do have double-glazed windows assisting to ease the noise from the street, and we also have a 24-hour reception team. If our team was aware of these issues we certainly would have tried to move you to a quieter room. Thanks again for your review, we welcome all feedback and use this information to improve and train our team members further.

Canberra, Australia
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Well located in the Newcastle CBD, it is in dire need of a facelift. While the rooms were a generous size, the decor needs updating and bathrooms could do with a refresh. The room was clean and comfortable but nothing special. This was a business trip stay for one night, and it was functional, but nothing more. The breakfast was satisfactory.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TWal1
Megan S, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Newcastle, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Dear TWal1
Thanks so much for taking the time to post your review.
It’s great to hear that your room was clean and comfortable, though I certainly take on board your feedback about the decor. We do have some improvements planned for the near future including working on an upgrade of the hallways, replacing all of the decorative cushions and bathroom tapware in the rooms, as well as adding ipod docks just to name a few things. We hope to welcome you back in the future so you can see all the upgrades.
+61 2 4926 3777

Travelers are raving about these Newcastle hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Stayed here last weekend during a weekend where there was a festival going on. We payed the extra for a king room and the room itself was lovely, comfortable bed, clean, and reasonable mini bar. Bathroom nothing fancy but okay. The staff however were extremely RUDE. Not only did they charge a $100 bond on each of the rooms as well as a preauthorisation which is yet to come off my card 6 days later (despite them charging me the room costs as an additional fee), they made every guest provide ID on arrival, quizzed us on how many people were staying, and made all guests wear bright green wristbands so they could come in after hours (despite having room keys) making us go through a security clearance ie provided our wristbands before we entered the hotel. I felt like we were staying in a prison, not a motel that we paid $400 for (because we hired two rooms)! In general though, the staff just spoke really rudely and made not effort to make us feel welcome. I would highly recommend going elsewhere.

Room Tip: Choose the King Room. I have stayed in the standard rooms before and these are not very nice at all.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank 5xOverseasTravel
Megan S, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Newcastle, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Dear 5xOverseasTravel,
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your feedback from your stay.
I sincerely apologise for the experience you have described. I’m very sorry that the team was not welcoming or friendly to you as usually our comments about the team are extremely good, however we have obviously let you down on this occasion. The festival that was on brings a lot of young partygoers into Newcastle & our hotel, this is the only weekend that we do a wristband policy & we do this for the comfort & security of our guests as it stops the young partygoers from inviting 20 people to their room for a party which then interrupts all our other guests. I absolutely take on board your feedback & it’s disappointing that the team did not discuss the situation correctly with you as in previous years our guests have appreciated the effort we go to to ensure we have no issues throughout the night, I will certainly follow up with the team & I thank you for advising me.
If you would like to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at the hotel & we hope that you will give us another chance in the future.

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I stayed at the Travelodge for 4 nights I was very impressed from the time I walked in the door at Reception.

A very friendly young Lady welcomed me I asked for a room close to Elevator straight away she changed me.

Her name was Sarah what a breathe of fresh air and so helpful I would stay there again and have recomended to friends.

Great location rooms are quite large and clean and close to everything went to Siennas for dinner and was impressed with the food.

So well done and yes I will be back real soon the staff are warm and friendly even the Housemaids were lovely thanks again.

Cheryl Walker

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Cheryl,

Thank you so much for your glowing review. It’s great to hear that you enjoyed your stay!
Sara is delighted that you appreciated her service, and we have passed on your compliments to our kitchen and housekeeping staff as well.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Travelodge Newcastle soon!

Tamworth, Australia
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I recently spent two nights in this hotel with four friends. We had two connecting rooms. On arrival the welcome experience was a very happy one. The rooms met our expectations and were very clean and comfortable. The hotel is only a few minutes walk from Wickham Station, which is two stops from Broadmeadow Station. The hotel is across the road from Marketown which has a large number of shops, including supermarkets. The hotel is ten to fifteen minutes walk from Civic Station so within easy walking distance of more shops. Local buses are in Hunter Street only a minute or two away. We did not make use of the restaurant, so cannot make a judgement on it, but we would certainly choose to stay at the Travelodge Newcastle again.

Room Tip: Had rooms at rear of hotel on fourth floor - no apparent noise issues.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Calala7,

Thanks so much for taking the time to post your positive review. It’s great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It certainly sounds as though you made the most of our central location and saw lots of what Newcastle has to offer!
We look forward to welcoming you back to Travelodge Newcastle in the future.

Tiffeny Gregg