“Phat Monk is Phantastic!”
Review of Phat Monk

Phat Monk
Ranked #365 of 575 Restaurants in Newcastle
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 28, 2014

Phat Monk has really hit the ground running with excellent and consistent dishes...pleasant service and a great atmosphere. They really deserve to succeed. Phat Monk Prawns are superb!

2  Thank Nick W

Reviewed May 22, 2014 via mobile

Having decided at the last minute to dine out, My wife and I decided on a Thai meal and called into the Phat Monk, What a little Gem it turned out to be, It's a very plainly furnished restaurant and the atmosphere is a little subdued, Having said that the staff are extremely friendly providing good service and the food is just excellent and very reasonably priced, If your in the area do your self a favour call in you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank John M
Reviewed January 19, 2014

I went with a bunch of girls for a quick dinner and it was lovely. Menu is limited but everything we ordered was magnificent. Full of flavour and so fresh. Not huge portions but I would rather leave a restaurant with the feeling of wanting more than the feeling that I've eaten too much! I was certainly not hungry. Looking forward to returning

1  Thank wq9hana
Reviewed January 3, 2014

The food tasted ok but the portions were very small. We started with an entree and the chicken skewers were obviously cut down the midlle and half the usual size. We wanted the Phatmonk Prawns but were informed that the prawns were larger than normal and there would only be 4 prawns and it was an extra $3. Typically I expect more than that in an entree???? We had the same meal in beef and it was ok if a little small.

The menu is the smallest Thai menu I've ever seen with not much to choose from. I think they can do a lot better and should check out their local competition.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

We got a take away which was not great. The satay skewers tiny and leather like. No sauce provided. Tod mun plah was quite good. Panang Curry ok. I have tasted better pad thai from a supermarket box. The pad thai we got was gluggy and tasteless. There is much better Thai food in major shopping centres nearby that is freshly made and much cheaper.