“Good proper Mexican in Newcastle”
Review of Casa de Loco

Casa de Loco
Ranked #404 of 566 Restaurants in Newcastle
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
“Good proper Mexican in Newcastle”
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

I recently went here for the first time with a couple of friends for dinner, after several recommendations. I'll certainly be back!
The service was spot on. The food was delicious. Also, they have a vegan night every month.
Margarita was yummy, though I think I'll be having a jug of sangria next time - I had a sip of my friend's and it was awesome!
Lots of imported tequila to try out. I look forward to expanding my tequila knowledge :)
Best Mexican I've had in Newcastle, and it doesn't leave you feeling gross afterwards.

Davistown, New South Wales, Australia
“Great atmosphere and delicious food!”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

We went here for my birthday and I loved it!
Great mood lighting, lovely and warm inside (it was a very cold night outside), the staff we're really friendly and the food was delicious!
I'm vegan and gluten free and there were some great choices for me.
Very impressed!

• Visited July 2014
Sydney, Australia
“Casa de cool”
Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

They've done everything right - great decor, lighting, wait staff, menu. The complimentary corns chips were a winner.

Only problem - they close too early!

Would definitely recommend to others and revisit when in Newcastle again.

Newcastle, Australia
“Super tasty Mexican and great atmosphere”
Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

Soft lighting, high tables and records playing music.... Ye the menu is a bit more expensive than your average Mexican food joint else where in town, but it pays for flavour! We enjoyed the meatballs, the corn on the cob and pork and kangaroo tacos. All were fresh and delicious! The Pork taco was super soft but still juicy and the kangaroo taco exceeded our expectations, it was superb! I hope to see it on the regular menu next time, and not just as a special. The red sangria was also lovely and balanced with lots of strawberries and oranges :-) staff are very friendly, accommodating and professional.
We will definitely be back and highly recommend a visit!

Visited May 2014
Newcastle, Australia
“A pleasant family night with wonderful food!!”
Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed a lovely meal with the family. We shared a variety of dishes, all of which were delicious and fresh. Staff were very friendly and accommodating. Will definitely be going back - a new family favourite.

• Visited May 2014