“Nice Atmosphere, Expensive, But Nice xx”

THE LANDING Bar & Kitchen
Ranked #165 of 566 Restaurants in Newcastle
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Nelson Bay, Australia
“Nice Atmosphere, Expensive, But Nice xx”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Went there for dinner, great menu, bar, atmosphere etc. Nice waitress but wanted to change a meal about not even 30 seconds after she had written it down but she snickered at us like it would be impossible to change so we left it with what we had originally ordered. I work in hospitality its not difficult to change something especially when you are at the restaurant at 6pm, its not like they could have run out of it. Expensive but where on Honeysuckle isn't... Really happy with the quality of our meals so all in all had a great experience!

• Visited September 2013

Sydney, Australia
“Wagyu or not Wagyu! That is the question!”
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Ordered something called 'wagyu' but far from it! Was chewy as old boot leather, with sinew throughout making it non-palatable ! Offered a replacement, but then after more than enough time waiting - all my friends had finished their meals, I thought it was pointless so asked to cancel the meal. Waitress came back after asking if I still wanted it - though I felt I was quite emphatic it was too late! Sorry just not kosher! Wholly cow they still wanted me to pay for it! Crap, the quality of the cut of meat was NOT what is wagyu, and restaurants should not be selling it unless it meets the standard!
Service was still good - even though after I cancelled it became almost non-existent and the ambience was lovely.
My suggestion - just take the term Wagyu off the menu! Don't sell something it isn't!

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Ken C
Newcastle, Australia
“Nice place, with a few tweaks it could be fantastic.”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We went to The Landing for lunch. The young girl who served us was very friendly and helpful.

A man came to deliver the meals and was very rude. He was snide and kept insisting that our table had ordered a meal that we hadn't. It took him asking three times getting very snappy about whether it was ours, before he worked out it was the table beside us.

The girls waitressing were lovely and if it hadn't of been for them I would have easily crossed this place off my list for good.

The food presentation was excellent as was the taste. All the people I were with enjoyed their meals too. I was left a little hungry afterwards though.

• Visited July 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Lunch”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We wanted to have lunch somewhere with a view and this restaurant certainly has a lovely view of the working harbour. So lots to watch - tugs moving huge ships right in front of you. Amazing! Our food was fantastic, plentiful and had a great fresh taste. Obviously care had been taken with the food.

The staff were very helpful and couldn't have been more attentive. Also very attractive decor and a lovely outdoor area which would be fabulous on a warm day.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Bags45
“Yum”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Went with a small group of friends during our weekend away in Newcastle. Was really happy with all aspects of our visit!

The bar and waitstaff were all really friendly and helpful. We started with a cocktail in the bar area. They were absolutely delicious!!

We sat inside as it was a little chilly outside but in Summer it would be a wonderful place to sit out overlooking the water.

We shared the tasting plate and truffle fries as an entree-both lovely and then pizza and pastas for the mains. The mushroom pasta was really good.

Desserts didn't disappoint either. The chocolate fondant does not disappoint!

Was pleasantly surprised when the bill came as well. Highly recommend this gem

• Visited July 2013