We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
The latest reviews. The lowest prices. The perfect place to shop for hotels.

“Good place for dogs and their owners!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Horseshoe Beach

Horseshoe Beach
Ranked #15 of 76 things to do in Newcastle
Attraction details
Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
97 reviews
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Good place for dogs and their owners!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

This is a great little beach that has a purpose - dogs and their owners! It is protected by the break wall, can watch the ships enter & leave the harbour in between throwing the ball for your dog or just walking along the sand. Easy access by car, usually plenty of parking spaces, Dogs are allowed off their leash & can be found eagerly swimming in the water. Of course it can create 'pecking orders' in the dogs but it's a great place for dogs and their owners to interact with others and is mostly a friendly place. 95% of the dog owners do scoop up their dog's pooh but the other 5% are lazy and.or unequipped. Go doggies!

Visited November 2012
Helpful?
1 Thank DebrussL
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Write a Review

80 reviews from our community

Visitor rating
    33
    25
    18
    2
    2
Date | Rating
  • Dutch first
  • English first
  • Any
English first
Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
5 reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Dog Beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

This is a great DOG Beach. It is great to share a beach with other dog lovers and not feel that people are staring at you thinking that your dog is going to eat them alive. If you do not have a dog I suggest that you walk over to Nobby's

Visited December 2012
Helpful?
Thank nicchris_12
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
NEWCASTLE
Level Contributor
65 reviews
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Doggy Beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

What a fantastic beach, your dog can run, swim and have fun while unleashed. Surprisingly with the varied amounts of dogs at this beach you never see a dog fight.

Visited November 2012
Helpful?
Thank 2010travellers_10
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
15 reviews
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Your dog will love it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

Nice place to take your dog on a lazy Sunday afternoon, or any afternoon for that matter. Also a friendly place to chat with other dog lovers.

Visited November 2012
Helpful?
Thank Emma K
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.

Travelers who viewed Horseshoe Beach also viewed

Newcastle, Greater Newcastle
Newcastle, Greater Newcastle
 
Newcastle, Greater Newcastle
Newcastle, Greater Newcastle
 

Been to Horseshoe Beach? Share your experiences!

Write a Review Add Photos & Videos

Owners: What's your side of the story?

Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.

Claim Your Listing