“Best coffee in town!”

Dining options: Breakfast
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best coffee in town!”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Great coffee, great service. Simple menu with great sandwich options and sensational locally made cakes.

1 Thank DC2300

Cedar Creek, Australia
“Serious coffee and more at OPB”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

On a recent trip to Newcastle we were very impressed with the coffee and cafe culture - lots of places with skilled baristas and a real focus on quality at OK prices.

After a very enjoyable breakfast one morning, our favourite venue for a caffeine hit immediately became One Penny Black and we returned on a number of occasions.

It is a buzzy little place and sometimes hard to find a chair but I prefer that to being the only punter present and feeling like a shag on a rock.

The constantly changing coffee of the day/week is from specially roasted, single origin beans and only served black. Wonderful!

Visited November 2012
1 Thank PeterGKing
Sydney, Australia
“Great Coffee in Newcastle”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

This is a trendy coffee shop in Newcastle's city centre and they make a great long black!
It can be very busy, is popular for the office take away coffee and there is limited seating.
They also have a variety of cakes, muffins, and yummy treats to choose from to enjoy with your coffee.

• Visited October 2012
Newcastle, Australia
“Made me feel small”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I went here for lunch and being a coelic, I asked for a gluten free sandwich. I didn't like the small option of sandwiches they had available for gluten free, so I asked for a ham, tomato, and cheese sandwich done on gluten free bread, as they do it on normal bread, and they said no as the sandwiches were already made up. They said for me to try the peach and cheese salad and I said could they possibly put some ham, cheese and tomato on some salad for me and they told me I need to broaden my horizons! Obviously not very flexible. I eventually got them to make me a salad, which was great, but I felt talked down to and not treated like a valid customer.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Meez72
New York City, New York
“Good service and great coffee”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

A hipster coffee bar, with good service and great coffee. Hardly any seating, so best to get take away.

• Visited July 2012