“Great breakfast, fabulous coffee!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of frankies' place

frankies' place
Ranked #154 of 558 Restaurants in Newcastle
Cuisines: Cafe, Australian, European
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: This is a daytime cafe in Newcastle that has been operating maybe a year or so. Great service, vintage decore, multi-cultural food choices, yummy cakes and fabulous Campos coffee. Very popular with Gen Y's
Karlsruhe, Germany
“Great breakfast, fabulous coffee!”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

The coffee at Frankies place is absolutely fabulous - I love it! The atmosphere is quite unique and the staff is very friendly. I particularly enjoy going there for breakfast. My favourite is the menemen - a Turkish scramble of eggs, tomatoes and peppers.

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank soot82

Newcastle, Australia
“Went downhill with new owners”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

My partner and i used to make a 50 minute trek to this place every weekend for breakfast and amazing Campos coffee. It was our absolute favourite place! But since the old owners (who also own Enzo in the hunter valley) sold.... The service, food and even coffee has taken a turn for the worst. We gave them more than half a dozen chances to settle in and pick up their game, however it only seemed to get worse. The staff are un friendly and rude, and not attentive at all. The food is terrible and over priced and my beautiful campos coffee has been tainted. I dont know what they do so wrong to it, but last time i was there i couldn't drink it. I left after taking a sip. Worst cup of coffee i have ever had. So , to sum it all up... If you want a great experience, dont go here. Go to Cafe Enzo and i can guarantee you will not be disappointed!
- would not recommend Frankies to anyone

• Visited January 2014
Newcastle, Australia
“Love the Frankie's Breakfast”
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

Sitting here enjoying a great coffee and chatting to the gorgeous Irish waitress :-)

Loving the vibe here, think I found my new favourite breakfast haunt.

I'm coming back.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Kordie
Lake Macquarie, Australia
“Lovely Atmosphere!”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

We had breakfast here on valentines day and had a great time, The food was really nice and they definitely knew how to make coffee. We sat on the balcony upstairs and the atmosphere is just great. Would go back for sure.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank gretel L L
“Flavour of the Month”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I try to pop in and out of most places on Darby St, but Frankies Place keeps drawing me back for more. There's the breakfast menu, the simply divine Menemen or the big breakfast with that gorgeous Hollandaise, just too tempting. Of late however I have been veering there for lunch too, and I have not been disappointed, the warm sambos are just bursting with great flavours. Most recently I had pasta here, and it rivals those great bowls you get in Rome, easy on the sauce, yet packing a big punch on flavour. Oh and best coffee in town.

• Visited March 2014