“I'm so glad we found this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Raw Cafe - CLOSED

Raw Cafe
Cuisines: Cafe, Australian, Healthy
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Seating
Description: RAW CAFE is Newcastle's Fitness Food Cafe, a fresh and healthy alternative for breakfast & lunch 7 days a week.With an afforable menu offering high protein/low carb, low fat, post workout recovery meals. Match this with freshly squeezed juices, Superfood Smoothies and delicious coffee! RAW CAFE is a ideal desination for all you Health and Fitness fans.Haven't got time to sit down and relax, no worries! Pop by and grab a yummy guilt free sandwich, wrap or snack on the go!
Australia
“I'm so glad we found this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

We were in Newcastle for 4 days for a wedding so lots of family get togethers. We found Raw Cafe on our first morning when out for a walk to find a fresh juice bar, this place is that and so much more.

The juices are yummy and nothing too much trouble for the lovely friendly staff... They even made us our morning ginger shots upon request as they're not on the menu!!

We had breakfast 2 mornings and also dinner one night with different family members and each and every meal lived up to expectation.

Well done guys.. we'll certainly be back when next visiting Newcastle.

New York City, New York
“Terrible service, terrible coffee.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

I went to Raw Cafe to sit in the sun and drink coffee. The service was terrible, when I approached the checkout I got no smile or greeting, only "Just a minute". I felt a little offended that he did not even pretend to smile when I cracked a joke while paying for my coffee.

When the coffee came out, it tasted so burnt and bland that I could not drink it. I asked for a refund (and I'm not usually the type to do that, but I had just paid $4.50 for something I wasn't going to drink) and was given no apology when I got it. I swiftly took my refunded change to Good Brother, where the service is consistently good and the coffee is always delicious.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank AshleaWheeler
Newcastle, Australia
“Very filling breakie”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

We used our group buying voucher for a very filling breakfast recently. The freshly squeezed juices were delicious - I had the WASP and my meal (omelette) was a huge serving size. The menu clearly outlines meals suitable for those with specific dietary requirements including vego, gluten fee & paleao. On another note - If you are in the neighborhood through the week and need a quick takeaway they have a fridge with afew ready to go meals out the front - the spinach and feta salad with balsamic was delicious.

1 Thank elmcphee
Newcastle, Australia
“Healthy and tasty!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

Went here with a discount voucher, which was good, as the mains for lunch were a little pricey at around $25. The food was delicious though, healthy and substantial. The fresh juices were also really good. The menu is very good for people on a grain free and protein diet. Hoping to come back to try some more tasty looking menu items. The staff were friendly, well informed, and easy on the eye!

• Visited March 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Quality breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

Service a little slow but meals were of very good quality and quantity. the hot chocolate was as expected hot and creamy not like most. we are aiming to give it a try for lunch

Visited July 2012