“Great service & food”

Cuisines: Spanish, Australian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I dined with 3 others on Saturday 1/3/2014 nd we all thoroughly enjoyed our meals.Even after arriving late for our booking nothing was a problem with the staff and swift service. We shared the mixed entree and each had a main (mine was chicken & chorizo) and mine was delicious. We will be back. Many thanks guys.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

We went for breakfast and the food was delicious and the service was excellent. I would recommend this cafe to anyone

Reviewed August 17, 2013

We were in newcastle visiting friends, and were recommended del peco. They have a great breakfast menu, we had the corn stack and eggs florentine. It was delishous. All the girls were great and the owners lovely. The front of the cafe was booked out for a birthday and despite the staff being quite busy we were attended to quickly and with a smile. Great place!

Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Ive eaten breakfast here several times and have had many coffees but one experience put me off for good. Wedding anniversary ordered crispy skin duck. Got the meal and it was undercooked so much the skin was completely soft. I attempted to eat it but it was very undercooked and asked to send it back. The reply from chef was "if you wanted the skin crispy you should've said so when you ordered". I said id eaten crispy skin duck in the past and i know what crispy means and this meal was not what it said on the menu. Spoiled my night and i complained the next business day to a staff member in person and got no reply from management. True story im sorry to say, i wont go back and will choose the other nearby establishments without second thought

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I always enjoy visiting Del Peco's. We used to live just around the corner from the place, and still head back there now and again with our daughter, as it is really a great value for the amount of food you get- definitely so with the breakfasts anyway.

I'm a big fan of a late brekky and can almost never finish my whole meal when I get the mini breakfast. My husband usually opts for the bigger breakfast, and it fills him up too.

I believe the prices went up a few dollars in between our last visit, but you expect that from time to time as with all businesses. Still, we used to be able to stuff ourselves silly with a meal and drink each, and still be under $30. And eating in there always makes me a little bit happy- I find the decor very stylish and elegant, just done well.

Staff are generally helpful and quite friendly. I have paid plenty more than that at times, and not enjoyed my meal anywhere near as much. To be fair I don't often vary from my one meal selection- but it is good every time.