“Let down.”

Ranked #400 of 560 Restaurants in Newcastle
Cuisines: Seafood, Australian
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: We cater for the whole family, for breakfast, lunch & dinner. So if you're in Newcastle or Port Stephens swing by Swell for a coffee & fresh muffin, a burger or freshly house prepared fish & hand cut chips - eat in or takeaway. Catch sight of dolphins or whales.....Have a surf, a swim, a walk along the coast or just watch the kids play in the sand while you enjoy a coffee and our great food!
Newcastle, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Let down.”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

Yeah location is obviously great, but thats where it ends, way overpriced for essentially a takeaway shop. Get some new and good operators in there and give Bar Beach some value for money and healthy options!!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Tayler292

Newcastle, Australia
“More gluten free”
Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

You don't cater very well for gluten free all you have is salad ,you need to look around other cafés and take always and see how well they do gluten free .it not hard to do so you need to be more mindful of people ( client) Very disappointed ..maybe your just lazy ..

Visited May 2014
3 Thank caren_wil
Paris
“Great view and great food!”
Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

Visiting we came across this bar and it was amazing! Home made tartar sauce was out of this world! Service was great and eating your lunch whilst looking out on the amazing views of the ocean was unreal! Will definitely be back! X

• Visited April 2014
“Great burgers, amazing view and surprisingly good service”
Reviewed April 25, 2014

I took some friends there to get some fish and chips - I had heard that they were very good. I actually ordered a blokes burger which was genuinely the best burger I have ever had. I asked the staff about them and they explained the burgers are made fresh, the rolls are delivered daily and the chips are peeled and twice cooked on site too! My friends loved their fish and chips too and the view is completely amazing. We had to wait 15minutes which I thought was very reasonable considering how busy it was. The staff even told me that if I didn't want to wait next time that I could telephone my order through - great work guys!

• Visited April 2014
“A queue with a view”
Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

I have been to this cafe many times and every time has involved a 10 minute wait in the queue. At least. Then you get the pleasure of having your name shouted out 20 minutes later. The chips are the only saving grace of the place.

3 Thank Woodywoodyman